Big Announcement? May11th?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by cadman, May 11, 2007.

1. cadman

cadman

Dec 4, 2006
    Johns Creek, GA
    Did I miss something?

This big announcement regarding 15 lenses in the new Nikon lineup for 07. These were the words I read here and other forums.

Anybody got info.

I mean, I've got lenses to lust for now, but how cool would it be to have some new ones to add to the list.

My hands are shaking, somebody give me a fix.

2. Hehehehe......I was wondering about this as I drove to the groccery store earlier.

Really, I do need MORE lenses to lust after........ :rolleyes:

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I had not heard that it was going to be 15....wow.... Still no word as far as I know. Would they announce on a Friday though, really?

4. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    WOW 15 lenses? It would be cool to see such an announcement, possibly af-s updates to primes?

5. Well, I see the internet is in full bloom. People have taken Thom's WAG and nurtured it to a full blown frenzy. Lovely. Hogan should have his jaws slapped. :biggrin:

Phil

6. agw0

agw0

Oct 28, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    As I get it, this frenzy created itself around a scheduled news release (or press conference) at May 10, where the Nikon Group (Japan) announced financial data for the year ending March 31, 2007 (news items see here).

Now, how anybody could seriously believe they would announce new products in conjunction with a release of financial data completely eludes me... LOL.

As I see it - they will anounce new products when they anounce new products :biggrin:

7. Yea, right...:rolleyes:

8. It figures!! Right after I finally purchase most of my wish list!!

9. I heard from a trusty Nikon source that there will only be 3 more lenses announced this year.

Gosh...that BS was easy to write...now watch it spread.

10. I've been hearing for months that Nikon will add AF-S to all lenses over 100mm but no mention of VR too. I expect that we'll see some new things this year but 15 would be quite unlikely considering the demand on the already stressed production facilities.

11. ROTFL!!:biggrin:

12. strawman

strawman

Mar 24, 2006
    Missoula, MT
    Good effort, but for full effect you have to post it at dpreview.

13. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    hahahahahahahaha 15?????????????????

F that...not a chance they will release that many! Lets put it this way...what lenses "need" updates?

14 2.8 (doubtful)
    28 1.4 AFS
    35 2 AFS
    50 1.4 AFS/ 1.8 AFS
    85 1.4 AFS VR/ 1.8 AFS
    Maybe a PC lens AFS(doubtful)
    135 2.8 AFS
    180 2.8 AFS
    300 4 AFS VR
    What else do you want?

14. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Yeah, 15 lenses, all with similar availability as the 18-200VR, and they all will show "OOS". Out of Stock for 07-08. Bring em' on...

15. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Well, I would add a 12 2.8 DX prime to the list...

16. Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  17. weiran

weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    10-24mm f/2.8 DX is needed to compete with other FF cameras. I would get it if the price wasn't insane (which it's highly likely to be, judging on the retail of the 12-24mm).

18. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    Is that even possible? I wish it was.

19. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I can't carry on a conversation with someone and call them headstand, if you sign your name to posts in your signature, then we can converse about my 15 lenses comment. thanks...

20. :confused:

Not to be rude, Doug, but I don't see a name in your signature either! :wink: Besides, it seems you can safely call him Zach, no?

Seriously, I don't know if it's going to be 15 lens but I highly doubt it, unless a majority of them are just an update to comply with the no-lead rule in electronics in Europe (ROHS) with no real change. Nikon has never introduced more than a handful of lenses per year, so 15 at once? We can dream... :smile: