Big Announcement? May11th?

Did I miss something?

This big announcement regarding 15 lenses in the new Nikon lineup for 07. These were the words I read here and other forums.

Anybody got info.

I mean, I've got lenses to lust for now, but how cool would it be to have some new ones to add to the list.

My hands are shaking, somebody give me a fix.

Hehehehe......I was wondering about this as I drove to the groccery store earlier.

Really, I do need MORE lenses to lust after........ :rolleyes:

G

Gr8Tr1x

I had not heard that it was going to be 15....wow.... Still no word as far as I know. Would they announce on a Friday though, really?

WOW 15 lenses? It would be cool to see such an announcement, possibly af-s updates to primes?

Well, I see the internet is in full bloom. People have taken Thom's WAG and nurtured it to a full blown frenzy. Lovely. Hogan should have his jaws slapped. :biggrin:

Phil

As I get it, this frenzy created itself around a scheduled news release (or press conference) at May 10, where the Nikon Group (Japan) announced financial data for the year ending March 31, 2007 (news items see here).

Now, how anybody could seriously believe they would announce new products in conjunction with a release of financial data completely eludes me... LOL.

As I see it - they will anounce new products when they anounce new products :biggrin:

I heard from a trusty Nikon source that there will only be 3 more lenses announced this year.

Gosh...that BS was easy to write...now watch it spread.

I've been hearing for months that Nikon will add AF-S to all lenses over 100mm but no mention of VR too. I expect that we'll see some new things this year but 15 would be quite unlikely considering the demand on the already stressed production facilities.

hahahahahahahaha 15?????????????????

F that...not a chance they will release that many! Lets put it this way...what lenses "need" updates?

14 2.8 (doubtful)
28 1.4 AFS
35 2 AFS
50 1.4 AFS/ 1.8 AFS
85 1.4 AFS VR/ 1.8 AFS
Maybe a PC lens AFS(doubtful)
135 2.8 AFS
180 2.8 AFS
300 4 AFS VR
What else do you want?

Yeah, 15 lenses, all with similar availability as the 18-200VR, and they all will show "OOS". Out of Stock for 07-08. Bring em' on...

hahahahahahahaha 15?????????????????

F that...not a chance they will release that many! Lets put it this way...what lenses "need" updates?

14 2.8 (doubtful)
28 1.4 AFS
35 2 AFS
50 1.4 AFS/ 1.8 AFS
85 1.4 AFS VR/ 1.8 AFS
Maybe a PC lens AFS(doubtful)
135 2.8 AFS
180 2.8 AFS
300 4 AFS VR
What else do you want?

Well, I would add a 12 2.8 DX prime to the list...

10-24mm f/2.8 DX is needed to compete with other FF cameras. I would get it if the price wasn't insane (which it's highly likely to be, judging on the retail of the 12-24mm).

I can't carry on a conversation with someone and call them headstand, if you sign your name to posts in your signature, then we can converse about my 15 lenses comment. thanks...

I can't carry on a conversation with someone and call them headstand, if you sign your name to posts in your signature, then we can converse about my 15 lenses comment. thanks...

:confused:

Not to be rude, Doug, but I don't see a name in your signature either! :wink: Besides, it seems you can safely call him Zach, no?

Seriously, I don't know if it's going to be 15 lens but I highly doubt it, unless a majority of them are just an update to comply with the no-lead rule in electronics in Europe (ROHS) with no real change. Nikon has never introduced more than a handful of lenses per year, so 15 at once? We can dream... :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom