Big Bear weekend

We went to Big Bear this weekend. I took a few with my 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Graflex SLR. These shots were taken on a dirt road off the beaten path.

Old cabin:
3424902470_1364ecf873_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fallen tree:
3425112167_2dcdd790fa_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the cabin Michael, it's got a lovely antique look to it thanks to the Graflex. I bet that guy is a lot of fun to shoot!:smile:

I like the cabin Michael, it's got a lovely antique look to it thanks to the Graflex. I bet that guy is a lot of fun to shoot!:smile:

The camera is a kick to use, but oh, is it heavy, and it's only a 3x4. I would love to get a 4x5 or even a Portrait Graflex 5x7. Unfortunately they are few and far between, also quite expensive. I can make do with the 3x4. I have a 6x6 120 back for it, would love to get a 6x9 back, but haven't found one yet. It has to be a Graflex back, not a Graphic back. They are different.

Did you hand hold that mini-monster? If so, very well!

Of course I hand held it. They were meant to be hand held. Actually, the geometry of the thing almost makes you hold it next to your body. The inertia of that shutter slamming home is something else again. I generally shoot at the slower speeds, it is just easier, and I'm not really sure how accurate they are. This old thing is nearly 100 years old. I want to get a different lens for it. I actually have two Graflex SLR's, the Auto-Graflex and a Series-D RB Graflex. RB stands for rotating back. nice for portraiture, if I ever get that far. I'm thinking of cutting some HP-5 so that I have a faster, tougher emulsion to work with. Efke films have very soft emulsions, and scratch really easily. I ruined a few negatives scratching them, and I am being overly cautious:frown:.

Latest threads

Top Bottom