Big Brown Thrasher

Real Name
Randy
sounds like a fighter. He is a real bully and pushes out the small guys from the feeders. But he's also very trusting of me and my silent camera :) . He has some unusual shades of brown and those eyes that look color coordinated with the rest of him

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Absolutely wonderful shots. i love the feather detail. You really have a way of getting close to the birds.

thanks Luis

AF accuracy from the Z6 is not like any DSLR I have ever used. I think I need to AF adjust my DSLRs:)
Randy, most DSLR / Lens combinations benefit from AF adjustment. The flange to sensor distance and the AF module placement is not that accurately controlled in modern cameras. If it were the cameras would cost much more so the AF adjust is there to make up for all these little differences. Luckily, in the Z series the AF is on the chip so this problem goes away. I don't have any lens that is sharpest at the AF adjustment of zero setting. All of them are sharper with an adjustment. My 500Pf needs a +3, not much, but I can see the difference if you pixel peep. My 105 macro has a -20 which is obvious even just looking at an image on the screen.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"those bird eyes are SHARP!!!" - Georgie Beagle

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of my favorite visitors. Great detail.
thanks Mike
Why is it a bully? Does it want all the food or all the photos taken of it?
food pig, pushes out small birds
Nice ones buddy. These guys are to say the least comical.
thanks Rick, they are crazy
A real beauty, nicely done.
thanks Louie
Absolutely wonderful shots. i love the feather detail. You really have a way of getting close to the birds.

Randy, most DSLR / Lens combinations benefit from AF adjustment. The flange to sensor distance and the AF module placement is not that accurately controlled in modern cameras. If it were the cameras would cost much more so the AF adjust is there to make up for all these little differences. Luckily, in the Z series the AF is on the chip so this problem goes away. I don't have any lens that is sharpest at the AF adjustment of zero setting. All of them are sharper with an adjustment. My 500Pf needs a +3, not much, but I can see the difference if you pixel peep. My 105 macro has a -20 which is obvious even just looking at an image on the screen.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"those bird eyes are SHARP!!!" - Georgie Beagle
thanks Alexis
what method do you use ? I need simple.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful captures, Randy. Razor sharp!
thanks Phil
Simply amazing detail. Love the color saturation as well.
thanks Gordon
Nice set, Randy. Quite a beautiful bird when you can see it in this level of detail. Seen in real time with the naked eye just looks like another LBB.
thanks Dan, they're pretty good posers to but on the perch they push me to fit them in the frame, they are a big bird for around here

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom