Big brown truck...

Can't wait, can't wait!!! Tomorrow the big brown truck will be bringing my new studio lights. I just ordered Alienbees. I ordered the Digibee kit with B800's, 2 stands and 2 48 inch umbrellas. Today I picked up the Sekonic L-358 light meter. I'm soooooo exited I feel like a lil kid at Christmas time!!!

Got a scare from UPS. They delivered my package yesterday. They dropped off 2 boxes. ONLY the light heads. To say I was PO'd is an understatement. I'm doing a shoot with my partner tomorrow and paid for 2 day shipping, cost me $120 extra. I called ALienbees and they showed the OTHER 2 boxes as on the truck out for delivery. Problem was that my UPS guy never comes after 5:30. It's now 6:15. I'm panicking because I was hoping to have everything and get a trial run in BEFORE i had yo use them. I called the UPS depot. I wanted to go there and pick up the remained of my packages. 2 minutes later while on hold with UPS my doorbell rings and it's my UPS guy holding the rest of my stuff!!! I was thrilled to see him!!! LOL

I know how you feel. It always seems that when I'm waiting for something, the UPS guy comes late. My new laptop will be here later today (MacBook Air :) so I'm hoping he comes early. For some reason, since the UPS depot is in my town, they deliver our stuff last. Why can't we be first for a change?

Hope you are having fun with your new toys :))))

Carole

...For some reason, since the UPS depot is in my town, they deliver our stuff last. Why can't we be first for a change?

Before I got flooded out of New Orleans (hurricane Katrina), the UPS man would always come around 5 PM or later. :mad:

Now that I'm living in (very small) St. Joseph, LA, we get UPS deliveries around noon to 1 PM.:smile:

My UPS deliveries are very consistent. From 11-11:15 AM
Mine were like that where I used to live. It was always 3-3:30pm depending on how many deliveries they had in my apartment complex. Now I never know when they are coming. They can be here at noon, 2pm, or well after 5pm. So I have to stay in all day today so I don't miss them as the thingee online says, "Signature required". Anyone for another cuppa coffee?

Carole

My deliveries ups & fed-x are late, usually around 5 to 6pm. Until them im usually watching the tracking (like a mad man) with my pc or droid x. Congrats on the new toys post pic when you get everything unboxed.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom