Big Cat

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gale, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Close to extinct Florida Panther

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale,

Nice kitty. :lol:

This one is well composed and very sharp.

Niiiiice kitty, kittie.... 8)

Frank

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Frank,

Hand held, 50mm 1.8, f2.8 , D100

I have a bunch of nice shots of this kitty, unfortunately the Cat was lying down the whole time.

Cant figure a way to crop them. But it is a beautiful Cat.

4. Thats a pretty short lens for such a big kitty Gale!! has chain on or not. LOL.............nicely done We have lots running wild down here, always in the news and never good news.........

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes Kitty is on chain and is used as educational Kitty. Born captive.

Yes they will be gone soon Keith.

One female Florida Panther requires 75 miles for it's territory and the Male 200 miles.

there is almost no room left.

It is sad.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Nice shot I love the big cats, thsi si very well done Gale

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Paul,

I was VERY close to her. I am not afraid of the Big Cats for some reason.

the 50mm is a sharp little lens. I hand held the camera. taken at f2.8. 1/350 -03 ev ISO 200

She was born in captivity. 4 years old, weght 85 LBS. Name Sabel. She is soft as velvet. I got to pet her. I always donate something to have pics or petting or what ever they offer.

I have a pic of a Baby White Bengal tiger 11 weeks old. I held one of those. Thrill of my life. Thier MEOW is as loud as the adult. Oh they are so darn cute. Not as soft as the Panther. They are rather coarse. The paws are soft though and BIG.

Yes they are breeding them in captivity. but how sad is that also. Many people breed the Large Cats in captivity.. How many captive kitties can thier be.

That is not very realistic for them for sure.

We have to many people.

thank you for the Kind words, Paul :>))

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Mike,

So glad to get a good pic of a Big Cat. To bad I have horrible backgrounds to deal with.

Yes they can be changed in PS and cloning etc. I don't know how to do all of that. It is alot of time comsuning work also.

I liked the wild life refuge you went to. Now those are great Photos. Every thing you soot is a money shot :>)) You are just very good and talented.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    baby White Bengal

Paul, and those interested,

this is my fovorite shot and day of my life with the 4 Baby tigers. I held one of these and they are just a cute as can be. Very loud and vocal all the time.

Camera was Nikon CP5000. This is the day I decided no more P&S for me. Few months later I got the D100. Learning is steep for me, but don't miss the action.

11. Now that is CUTE...............absolutely adorable. With all your PS skills, get rid of that red leash and print it!! Its amazing how fast they GROW!

12. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gale

MORE,
    that first portrait is amazing give me more of that beautiful animal

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Nice shot Gale. Yeah, I saw something on Discovery one time about the Florida Panther having a hard time.

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow!!! I envy you for such an opportunity. It is so sad about the wild animals (not just the panther)...Wish there were a way to help them out. Nice shots of a sad situation.

16. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Any cat is a nice cat. Wish we could do more with our skills, and especially yours, for these guys. Good shot and I agree, you can paint out what is objectionable such as the leash.

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Keith,

I have one without the lease. Just couldn't find it quick ..lol My photos are so helter skelter. EKKKK

Now that I do know a tad more. I will have another go at it.

Yes I would love to have it printed. Prob will.

Think I will use the Panter for a montage Keith. Beware. Going to need lots of help. Bit first I have to get this stuff on my computer organized somehow. I have a gazillion cd's now and can't find anything. Going to put in a Dvd/RW and some more ram. Cleanning house computer time.

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank Paul.. I don't have updates on that litter of Kittens (?) lol.

However, photo ops come buy a few times a year for Big Cats. Will try to catch the next one. Only prob is, they are all promotional rease money events and backgrounds are a nightmare. I am not going to sit in PS and cut out Kitty Kats and put them on new backgrounds.

Will keep you all up-dated and try to post more Kitties.

19. Great shot of the panther, Gale. Maybe clone out that silver chain. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    -Vinod

20. Hi Gale,

Neat photo of the Florida Panther.

When I worked at Cape Canaveral in the 1960's, I saw a wild one once. It crossed the road in front of my car while driving in the back country of the Launch Facility. As it jumped out of the brush by the side of the road onto the road it was close enough to hit the brakes, but not so close as to be in danger. I had never heard of the Florida Panther at the time and stopped by the Range Control Center to ask for an ID of the cat. It seemed like from nose to the tip of the tail was close to one lane of the little 2-lane back road, maybe 8 feet or so.
    I never saw another one.
    Remember the Cape included all of the Merritt Island NWR in the 1960's so the protected area was a lot larger than today.
    Bob