Big Cats!

Few shots of the lions at a local zoo..used the 100-300mm with a 1.4x

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes they do have a colour cast..:frown:Best I could get them though..the cast is due to shooting through a blue tinted glass they have in the viewing area..its also filthy and covered in scratches so not the easiest of shoots..lol:wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers Dave..yep the conditions were poor to say the least but done all I could..at least they stayed still!..lol:biggrin:

Yes they do have a colour cast..:frown:Best I could get them though..the cast is due to shooting through a blue tinted glass they have in the viewing area..its also filthy and covered in scratches so not the easiest of shoots..lol:wink:
I see, I know that type (and condition) of glass. Usually I try to find something grey in the scene to WB the image. Sometimes it works well, sometimes I also find it hard to WB such images correctly.

I like the first one, too. Seems to tell a story ... is he bored or reflective? Wishing he was back on the savannah or perhaps in the female pen for a while.
Nice work!
Dave

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom