Big day tomorrow...(pics added)

...and I'm nervous.

Our faculty and staff are entering Day 2 of our in-service meetings, and our guest speaker is Nolan Richardson. He is the former coach of the Arkansas Razorback basketball team, and coached them to the NCAA National Championship in '94 (runners-up in '95).

I'm taking my D700, Beast, 70-200, SB-800, and SU-800 in hopes of being allowed to take a few photos.

Normally, I wouldn't be nervous, but I graduated from U of A in '94, and have a lot of very fond memories of the man and his work - regardless of his political views.

I just hope I don't blow it.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...I like my job too much!

But I'm gonna ask someone for an autograph for the first time in my life. I've got this old knife that I bought a couple months after the Hogs won, and I'm gonna see if he'll sign the case that it's in. Here's the knife (which needs cleaning):

-6051.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, I didn't have much to worry about. The D700/70-200 combo really does a nice job.

And as for the Coach... He's got a few more gray hairs, but he's still got the energy of a teenager.

-7714.jpg

...and he often made fun of himself - particularly when someone called and he realized that he forgot to turn his phone off.

-7715.jpg

Addressing the crowd:

-7716.jpg

Thanks for posting. My wife is a BIG fan of the Hogs. We were sorry to see the whole fiasco that drummed Nolan out of Arkansas (as well as Houston Nutt- never fire a guy you have to compete against).

Well look at Mr. Nervous with some great shots!! I was soooo worried that you couldn't pull it off with the lack of gear and great photography skills:rolleyes:. Glad you had a good time!!:wink:

Thanks for posting. My wife is a BIG fan of the Hogs. We were sorry to see the whole fiasco that drummed Nolan out of Arkansas (as well as Houston Nutt- never fire a guy you have to compete against).

I like your wife...and her choice of college teams!:biggrin: And the biggest problem with the athletic problem wasn't Richardson or Nutt - it was Broyles. I'm glad to see him out of there.

Hey Mark -

Nice work here.

Nolan looks a bit more gray - and much slimmer! - since the last time i saw photos of him.

So . . . did you get the sig?

Eric

Yes I did. I even got to chat with him for a couple minutes about the '94 season. He's an engaging guy with a great personality.

Mark your good........... you can pull off the deal.

It's not hard to do with the D700. I just stopped the lens down a bit, cranked up the ISO and fired away.

Well look at Mr. Nervous with some great shots!! I was soooo worried that you couldn't pull it off with the lack of gear and great photography skills:rolleyes:. Glad you had a good time!!:wink:

Yep...the gear overcomes many of my shortcomings as a photographer. I think one or two shots will end up in our yearbook.

Latest threads

Top Bottom