1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

BIG dog and LITTLE dog

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by CH@Dbee, Sep 24, 2008.

1. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    here is my 3 years old pittbull/bull mastiff that stays at my moms...hes just a big baby lol

2884817789_3124e8636c_o.

a few new shots of me and the girlfriends 8 month old "rat dog"

View attachment 256864

View attachment 256865

please let me know what you think about the quality of the photos...thank you.

2. These are nice pictures CH@Dbee, only critique I have is that they look a bit dark to me. Especially in the first one I would try to lighten the shadows a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    thank you for your comment so much Daniel. I agree the 1st one is dark...the original you couldnt even see tanks eyes. I had to get rid of the dark shadows in his face to even be able to make out his eyes.

i guess i try a re-edit and lighten his whole face up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. For what it's worth, the first one is really good, but for the small dog shots I'd try to put a little more distance between the dog and the background elements so that they blur out more. Oh, and be careful about any horizontal or vertical lines in the background - they're distracting if they're not part of the composition.

5. CH@Dbee

CH@Dbee

Apr 12, 2008
    Cummimg, Ga.
    ive never thought about the lines in the background....thanks for the tip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.