Big Horn Sheep of Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Louis Champan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Took this shot on my visit to the Lamar Valley in mid January.

DSC_1537 72wf.

Louie

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nice and sharp. Only 175mm? Were you running away??

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Lol

Nice shot Louie

4. Thanks Mitch. As I recall, I was standing along side the road shooting up on a side hill. There were two sheep up there and they stuck around most of the morning pawing the snow to get down to the grass, really quite a sight from that vantage point.

5. +1 - another example of your fun trip. I only thing I would not have liked was the cold weather.

6. Nice one, Louie...! :)

7. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    Nice shot! I have had them so close to the road that a 70-200 was enough glass to get just a head shot.
    Where they around the Yellowstone pick nick site?

8. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Excellent shot as always Louis.
    Mike

9. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    The sheep is nice....be carefull with the snow ( the white is overexposed )

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    It looks perfect to me just the was it is. Sharp where it needs to be with excellent detail in the subject.
    Mike

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thanks very much Mike on my monitor it looks OK as well.

12. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    An excellent shot.

13. 1. I can see detail all through the snow, Louie.
    2. I would have called this "Slow Running".
    3. I should have gone, I should have gone, I should have gone ... writing on the Blackboard 1,000 times ....

Oh, yeah, I like it, too :D

14. Thanks very much Bill, I can see detail as well. No excuses next year for not going it will be a blast, thanks again.

15. Very nice...I can see all of the detail in the snow as well on my calibrated monitor. The sharpness, especially the eye of the sheep, is impressive.

Glenn

16. Thanks very Much Glenn. I was concerned that my monitor was not showing the image correctly after the blowen whites comments. I'm going to recalibrate anyway, thanks again.

17. Leave it alone, we like it the way it looks!

I was looking at this some more, Louie, and I realized that it would be so much better if you had shifted your angle to get more in front of the sheep so you could have gotten the head more in the clear ... (oh, shut up Dewey, you're just jealous!) :ROFLMAO:

Yup, I am. But seriously, Louie, as you can see from the comments here, most of us are seeing things as would be expected. Oh, yeah, and be sure you are wearing your glasses too.

18. Awesome image. Someday..... What's the white stuff?whatever it is, it doesn't look o.e. to me. HEALTHY looking animal too.