Big Nikon Announcements August 25th?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by AndrewT, Jul 26, 2007.

1. AndrewT

AndrewT

Mar 18, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    From what I have heard on August 25th Nikon is expected to make some big announcements, prior to September's European PMA events in Paris and Moscow.

Only time will tell...

2. It didn't happen :frown:

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    August or July? the actual anniversary was July 25 I think.

4. They've also bought major sponsorhip of a World Track Federation event in Japan for about that date....I understand when they introduced the D2H and D2X they used such an event....allowing photographers and especially sports photographers to handle and use the new cameras. It all seems to fit for a D3 series introduction.

5. David D. Busch

David D. Busch

Apr 30, 2006
    Midwest
    Big Day Keeps Moving

The rumored Big Announcement Day has changed almost monthly, and I've stayed up late three times waiting on the International Dateline, and so far, nothing.

6. The big day will come sooner or later.... with Nikon it's usually later, but it always comes!

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    The Rumors are getting stronger on the Aug 25th Date . Sounds logical to me , and the people saying it have a pretty good track record.

8. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

NOT AGAIN ! every date specified is by "someone with a good track record".
    Please specifically state the persons name, email address and phone number who told you it was the (enter month) 25th. Let them be publically ridiculed and mocked.
    I personally know for a fact it will be Aug 19th - Nostrodamus predicted it "From the opposite of the far west, the 2nd shall become 1st and most will not be able to afford it but complain bitterly about how big an image it captures whilst not filling a frame. This will be launched before the 20th of the summer holiday month".

9. Adrian:
    That's the best answer I've seen in answer to any of the "It's coming" threads. But..if Nostrodamus said it......

10. In another one of the many "Nikon announcement" threads, Gale had the best suggestion I've seen. She told everyone not to worry about it and just go out and take pictures. I agree. There's no use in staying up nights and tearing our hair out for a camera/lens that likely won't be available for several weeks or months after announcement based on some supposed person "in the know" who's already been wrong several times this year.

Add to that the problems previous early adopters have had i.e. banding, BGLOD, etc. and I don't understand the rush to be the first on the block to have the newest gee-whiz gadget to come along. Some may be limited by their current gear, but not many. We can all make beautiful photographs with what we have now.

Just my $.02. I'll get off the soap box now and give someone else a chance.

11. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal

Oooo the d200x/d3x 22mp, 100fps and it makes espresso! I'll take two!!coming soon to a store near you, released sept 2007, due in stores Sept 2010. I love the vaporwear rumors, oh so much fun. I think i'll take the advice, leave work early and head to the beach for some shots. Lets see if i can actually take one in focus this time around.:biggrin: Hey will that new camera yet to be released come with some talent too, i could use a cup of that!

12. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

jeff-c "It's been confirmed by multiple sources of mine, obviously I can't reveal the sources."

Where is the proof in what he says ? If you read http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1021&message=24124009 he says it has to come out by September so PJ's can be ready for the 2008 Beijing Olympics (August for those who didn't know). His implication being that Nikon pro photographers take 11 months+ to learn to use a camera - thanks.
    So August or September ?
    If I say every month that next month will be 'the one' I will eventually be right and in 2-3 years I'll be remembered for accurately predicting Nikon's moves (no one remembers the errors, that's human nature). Also hedging his bets a bit "One pro one semi-pro". Since the bottom end is sewn up with recently released D40(x),D50 models then it's obvious a pro (and semi-pro for poor pro's !!!) will likely be announced.
    Now I have no idea who jeff-c is but his is the same post I have since since Feb this year (at least). Give proof or prefix the subject line with 'my guess is...'.

13. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    I don't believe any of it, at all. "I can't reveal my sources" = garbage.

14. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Dont know about the olmpics comment . This is why I was thinking it made sense.

This one?

Nikon Latest Official Partner for IAAF World Championships in Osaka
    Published by ImagingInsider.com July 13th, 2007 in NewsStream

The IAAF is happy to announce that NIKON CORPORATION will become the latest top-level Official IAAF Partner for the 11th IAAF World Championships in Athletics, to be held in Osaka, Japan from 25 August to 2 September 2007.

15. spyder57

spyder57

May 26, 2006
    fyi jeff-c has been extremely accurate in the past. He was the only one that correctly predicted the d40x at PMA when everyone else was looking to the d3 and d300.

16. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    Has he predicted anything else? And I thought Ken Rockwell knew of the D40x too. Or was that just the D40?

17. SMH77

SMH77

Feb 11, 2006
    Illinois
    I believe he also got the D2Xs and some bodies prior to that. Judging by his track record, he seems to have an accurate line on info from Nikon.

18. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    If you live that long. Nikon may send Jackie Chan after you.:wink:

19. If I recall, Thom Hogan speculated, but could/cannot/would not prove, that his suspicion was that jeff-c worked for someone in the manual publication chain....

In any event, it's lotsa fun to think about the next Nikon camera, which there will be. I waited many years for the D200, so a few months more for the next camera is no big deal....