Big Papi in Pawtucket

Had the good fortune to score a press pass for David Ortiz re-hab last Friday night with the Pawtucket Red Sox. I am by no means a sports photog or have any fast glass but it was still a rush to get on the field and shoot. C&C welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's a link to all the pictures. Enjoy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25733720@N05/sets/72157606253038566/

Thanks for sharing your images, Ray, and what a nice treat to be invited onto the field to enjoy your photography.

Nice to see some Papi shots, wish I was lucky like you. Sooner or later it will happen but untill then I'll keep working at it.

Thanks for sharing your images, Ray, and what a nice treat to be invited onto the field to enjoy your photography.
Thanks Frank, it was a pleasure. Wish I had faster glass

Nice to see some Papi shots, wish I was lucky like you. Sooner or later it will happen but until then I'll keep working at it.
Thanks Geoff. I live 5 minutes from the stadium and know everyone in the head office so I wasn't lucky to get on the field but that Big Papi was rehabbing in Pawtucket

Very Nicely Done!
Thanks shtarka1. What a great time I had. Got to meet photogs from all sorts of prestigious publications and learned a lot too.

Thanks Geoff. I live 5 minutes from the stadium and know everyone in the head office so I wasn't lucky to get on the field but that Big Papi was rehabbing in Pawtucket.
You did say good fortune. But would you have done any other game if Papi wasn't there? Sounds like you can get the chance any time you want.

You did say good fortune. But would you have done any other game if Papi wasn't there? Sounds like you can get the chance any time you want.
I can, but tough to take advantage of my good fortune. I try to get there when one of the Sox is rehabbing but this is the first time things worked out

Nice shots, but they would've been much better if they would've been of Grady Sizemore rather than Big Papi! :wink:

It would be awesome to have the chance to get some shots that close. Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Ray! Very nice!! Even though I'm a yankee fan (living in Houston) I respect the Sox's- especially after 2004 and Big Papi! I'm new to the forum and sports photography, are there any interesting/unique tips that you can share...

Here is my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28426668@N03/

Congrats again!
Not being a sports photog I don't have much to share except keep learning...:wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom