Big Sur

Yes I'm using - so far no problem.
My system specs below.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 3.27.38 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have downloaded and installed it on my 2017 12" MacBook, and it is currently being installed on my 2018 MacBook Pro. Process has gone smoothly so far! The 2018 MBP has 1 TB SSD/32 GB RAM/Vega 20 and is connected to an LG 4K Thunderbolt 3 monitor, which powers both itself and the MBP.

So far, I like what I'm seeing and using on the 12" MB, and Safari is snappier! :)

No issues here.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 9.05.21 AM.png

Oh, I already have a desktop wallpaper (one of my own images) that I use for both my computers and when I updated to Big Sur (just did the update, didn't do a "clean install,"), there was no hassle in it automatically being set up right from the get-go so that I immediately felt "at home" with Big Sur before even doing anything in it.

Oh, I already have a desktop wallpaper (one of my own images) that I use for both my computers and when I updated to Big Sur (just did the update, didn't do a "clean install,"), there was no hassle in it automatically being set up right from the get-go so that I immediately felt "at home" with Big Sur before even doing anything in it.
I have my own wallpaper too; Steve and I are talking about the boot-up screen, with the garish artsy picture.

I have been using the old Thinkpad world map background for as long as I can remember.
Call me boring :)
504EBC43-2E49-49BB-BDC8-32354D2384CF.jpeg

I have had the same issue with crashing on attempts to export from Luminar 3, too. Editing works just fine and everything looks great until I hit the button to send the newly-edited file back to the desktop. I have heard that the same issue affects Luminar 4 as well. Someone suggested that a workaround is to instead export the image to Apple's Photos app and then one can do with it as desired. I haven't tried that and I have no idea of the same solution would work with NX-D, but it might be worth giving it a shot. As for Nikon's software, I'm like Nick, I haven't used it for years ever since I had issue with some version of it. I decided it wasn't worth messing with and never installed it any of my machines again.

I have had the same issue with crashing on attempts to export from Luminar 3, too. Editing works just fine and everything looks great until I hit the button to send the newly-edited file back to the desktop. I have heard that the same issue affects Luminar 4 as well. Someone suggested that a workaround is to instead export the image to Apple's Photos app and then one can do with it as desired. I haven't tried that and I have no idea of the same solution would work with NX-D, but it might be worth giving it a shot. As for Nikon's software, I'm like Nick, I haven't used it for years ever since I had issue with some version of it. I decided it wasn't worth messing with and never installed it any of my machines again.
I tried editing with Photos, another learning curve and it wasn't intuitive to resize a batch of them.

No, no, you don't have to edit the images in Photos, all you have to do is edit in NX-D but instead of sending the file to your normal location afterward, try sending it to Photos, and then from there you should be able to export it again to your regular place. I have not used Photos, ever, even back when it was called iPhoto, as it is not sufficient for proper editing. Apparently though, at least in Luminar, there is a way of exporting an image edited in it to the Photos app. There may not be in NX-D, I don't know, you'd have to take a look. The similarity in issues between Luminar and NX-D, both crashing on attempts at export, is what prompted my suggestion. This may or may not work, up to you to experiment or not.....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom