1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bighorn Lamb

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by bsinc1962, May 22, 2019.

1. I've been looking as it's that time of the year. Found this Ewe and Lamb on a ledge. The Lamb is only hours old as it still has its umbilical cord hanging.

Lamb 2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    Lamb1_.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Excellent! Your efforts in the field paid off!

3. I like them both. The environment is a big plus.

4. Thanks, I'll probably try to get a bit closer this weekend but because of where they are (across a river) means about a 8 mile hike.

Thanks Allan, they're on a ledge in an area where nothing except maybe a Golden Eagle could get to them.

5. Wow, what awesome shots.

6. They don't come any better than these two images Bill, super job.

7. Thanks Nick.

Thanks Louie. They were pretty far away and not easy to find because of the terrain.

8. Video I shot of the Lamb and Ewe.

D850 with a 500pf and TC14iii

I don't generally shoot video but this gives a good look at how fragile they are at this point. In a few days it'll be a pro of negotiating the cliffs.

9. #1 is fantastic and the video is a great bonus! Great effort catching this newborn.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  10. Bill - both images are excellent; the color, composition, and sharpness really make them stand out. Thanks for posting. Let us know if you make that 8 mile hike. I'm sure any shots you get after that ordeal will also be exceptional.

11. Thanks, I'm hoping for a little better weather. It's snowing again today. Getting a little tired of it. Lol

12. super shots, looks like you did some climbing............

13. Very nice photos and your hike was rewarded. Yes the video adds to and complements your story. I’ll be in your village later next for a few days searching for photo opportunities. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

14. Thanks, Not much climbing involved this time. The hike in to get closer is a different story.

If you do get in next week let me know. I'm off to Spokane on the 3rd but if it's before that maybe we could meet up and get some shooting in.

16. Thanks Bill for the kind offer and opportunity for you to share with me your photography enriched area. It’s travel and weather related as to how long we will be just west of you in the Tetons. If we can make it over around the end of next week I’ll send you a message. Thanks Vern

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.