Bighorns

The Badlands National Park bighorn population seemed larger than when I was there 5 years ago. I didn't see any rams, though. Lots of ewes with babies, though. Some were still shedding their winter wear.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really like no 3. The perspective shot from slightly below works for the subject. Nicely done.
Thanks, Dan. They started out low. But, a lot of people were stopping to look. So they went to higher ground. I liked that perspective as well. During the thunderstorm, a loud boom of thunder startled a mom and her baby. She literally pushed her baby over the edge to a ledge right up against cliff face for safety. That was pretty cool to see.

Very nice. 3&4 are my favorites. Were they nervous around people?
Thanks, Rick. They weren't too bad. A couple of different times I saw them there were dozens of people around. The ewes with lambs were a little more wary. Those without babies would sometimes walk right by you. At least once where people had gathered I could tell the sheep were a little nervous that there was no escape route. Most people probably didn't notice what I did. I had an 11+ year career in the zoo business before I started teaching science.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom