Bike Hits Car

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by e2blade, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    It looks like the bike broadsided the car - I wonder who was at fault?? I hope everyone was OK.

2. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    oh sorry, story is

ok there was 3 cars, the car that got hit was in front, he was turning but the other cars were slowing down for him, the motorcyclist got inpatient and passed the car in front of him as soon as the corolla turned and boom.

3. I'm blown away by the second photo. A police officer helping lift a patient on a back board. I'm at work and showed my crew and they are blown away also. That doesn't happen around here. The guy should get an award.

Nice set. I'll bet he won't be so impatient next time.

4. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    that weird, if i were a cop i would help out since that would be my duty

5. MAP1911

MAP1911

Jul 27, 2008
    NJ
    I haven't worked the road sine 1993. I would always help. Aren't we all on the same team? :rolleyes: 

6. Ouuucchhh...Hope everyone involved are a OK:eek: 

7. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    ... and that's probably why you aren't a cop!!!

Great work on the shots! Were you a witness or did you just happen to stumble on the scene? I'd be a little weird taking photo's of an accident unless I was actually a newspaper guy...

8. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    we saw the guy before the accident pass by my friends house, then about 3 mins later we see a cop hawl major butt down the road, i was like, somethings going down!!! so we jumped in the batmobile and got to teh scene, the cop was like, so are you with the newspaper. my reply...with the school newspaper, which i am. haha

9. Rotogravure

Rotogravure

Jul 7, 2008
    California
    First, I've never met a cop who wouldn't have helped.

Second, nice shots. What lens were you using and at about what focal length?

Mike

10. The best way to become a newspaper guy is to take pictures of events and submit them to your local paper. Next thing you know, you become a regular stringer.

I had my camera in my bag when I came across a car fire. I took pictures of the blaze and of the firemen arriving and putting it out.

I made a couple of bucks selling the pictures to the local paper, and they were incuded in a feature article, which included photo credits. Afterwards I was contacted by the fire department, and was honored to donate use rights so they could put some of the pictures in their web gallery. It was a righteous shoot, just like the one Charles did.

11. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Interesting persepective Uncle Frank! My understanding is papers typicly don't want to pay for images any more unless it's something really newsworthy that their own shooters didn't cover.

I'll have to start keeping the D300 and 50 1.4 on the seat a little more just in case! A few bucks is always cool and getting photo credits is even cooler!

12. Nice shot Uncle Frank.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  13. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    its my dream to be a stringer. or shoot for national geographic.

i was using the 70 - 200

14. Good luck with that dream.

15. I've been an officer for 32 years, and I always helped lift backboards and gurneys, or hold the IV bag. I have a newspaper picture of me somewhere on an accident scene where I'm helping lift a gurney. I didn't know you weren't supposed to...LOL.

Oh, by the way...nice shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.