bikini shoot (and a love letter to the legendary D700)

Hey,

For the longest time I was out of the forum, gone through a never ending nightmare due to the trials the world is going through. It ended taking from me 3 of the dearest lives I had in the world. Times that won't ever be forgotten.

But this thread is not about pain.

It's a love letter to Nikon, and very specifically a love letter to the legendary Nikon D700, in times no other camera company could come close to being perfectionist like Nikon.

It's not exactly a review, but a nostalgic trip to the past, possibly to much simpler times.

To when the D700 shocked the world, and how it was the best camera companion I could ever had during my pro days.

I'll take you back to 2011, to a bikini shoot for a Brazilian brand, that took place in South Brazil (legendary for gorgeous women and a very interesting market for fashion photography by itself).

If you feel like watching, the You Tube video is below:

Nikon D700 in 2021

If you feel like helping us, a comment would be of massive help.

And a few obligatory shots from the bikini catalogue:

T_NIK1998_lens flare.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

T_NIK1721.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Will try my best to post more often.

I've been trying to edit this video since March, but life had other plans.

Keep safe, keep shooting

Best regards,
Marcio Napoli

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Marcio,
I still own the D700 too. And I love to shoot with it. 12MP is OK or the most opportunities and the big pixels deliver perfect results.
I've never seen any camera that shows skin tones so realistic.

Stay strong, stay healty
Klaus

I also love the D700. It is the body I grab for detailed photos.

6DC03BA4-3C86-44F9-B9CD-9F3B9F931DC8_1_105_c.jpeg

Real Name
Alex
D700 is my travel & architecture camera (my only full frame). D500 I use for wildlife and aviation.
As long as it stays in good shape (it is), I will not replace it.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Marcio, I’m sorry for the loss of your loved ones.
It’s so nice to see you back here. Your photos are always exceptional, and these are truly so.
Be well and continue to create your art.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, life has been the busiest ever since March (definitely not the good type of busy). I didn't want to turn this into a depression black hole... one of the lives I lost was my dad. May you rest in Peace, my beloved father.

It's been a roller coaster since then, with every imaginable challenge life has to offer knocking at your door from 1 minute to the next.

Guys, just wanted to thank you all for so many kind words :)

Photography is such a delightful experience that it actually helps as therapy, and receiving this kind feedback from you is really nice, it truly is capable of healing.

I post here very rarely (for whatever reason I don't even know why to be honest lol, DPR is where I usually post), but I'm truly moved you guys remember so fondly my previous posts :)

Please post more of your D700 shots, this camera is transcending time and may well go down in history as the most beloved digital DSLR ever.

I don't think there ever was a single D700 owner who didn't love this camera.

The only con I can think of (but a very personal opinion I admit) is that the AA filter is too conservative. Wish Nikon had used something similar to the D2x, which acts almost as a non AA camera.

Other than that minor con, it's just flawless.

Fun fact:
In this day and age of 15 stops DR, it looks like the D700 is too obsolete in DR.

I once tested deep shadow recovery at ISO 100 vs my Mamiya's digital back at ISO 25.

Guess who won it? The D700.

That shows it's no slouch even from a technical standpoint. It's not just a nostalgia thing.

This camera was truly ahead of its time.

Ok, enough of nerd talk lol

Djinco, such a lovely dog ^_^ is that yours? Such a lovely baby

Post as many as you want.

Guys, once again thank you for the feedback

In 2 weeks I'll be shooting in a junkyard, been thinking which camera I'll take. Yeah, it's decided: D700 !

Best regards,
Marcio

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Marcio,
I'm sorry to learn that one of the people you lost was your father. I'm sure, based on your post, that he was someone you admired and loved greatly.

Your photography is more than a job, it's your outlet for creativity and your feelings. Use it to continue to make beautiful art and to make others happy as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos from the junkyard!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom