Bill’s (BillM) 52 Week Project 2020 (Week 11)

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Ok, I am going to give this a shot!

My goal is to post one good straight out of the camera (*almost) shot each week for 2020 from any camera I own during the year.

*Minor cropping and tweaks allowed for the jpeg’s.

Hi Bill! Looking forward to what you can do for the year!

(I tried SOOC-ish for 2019 with my X100F. Worked until life threw some curve balls and I ended up shooting whatever as it became difficult to stick with "the plan". :bag:)

Real Name
Bill Mellen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bill, that says warmth in so many ways!
Thank you Nick, the light said it all :)

Welcome! Hope to see more of your family as the year goes on!
I am looking forward to sharing more of them...

Hi Bill, great first shot, I'm impressed with what the iPhone can do.
The iPhone is unbelievable to someone like me that grew up with black and white prints from the drug store ;-)

Cute shot, as Nick mentioned the poor dog looks shy here.
Great colors. Early morning and evening window light can be wonderful.
Thanks Gordo! That poor shy dog is a 1 year old hyper active Fox Hound that is currently tearing around the house with one of our neighbor’s dogs at this moment :)

Last edited:
It really is amazing what an iPhone can do these days, isn't it? I love mine and undoubtedly at some points during the year she will be pressed into service to capture something which I otherwise just couldn't do because of where I was or other circumstance due to the situation, availability of another camera, etc.

In the end, yes, light is what this is all about for all of us....we work with the light to capture and present life as we see it......

<snips>
Thanks Gordo! That poor shy dog is a 1 year old hyper active Fox Hound that is currently tearing around the house with one of our neighbor’s dogs at this moment :)
I hope someone with energy can wear him out now and again for you. :D

Real Name
Bill Mellen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Week 2's SOOC submission shows how well Active D-Lighting works. Technical details: Nikon Z6, Standard Picture Control with auto quick sharpening, active D-lighting High, WB Direct Sunlight

49361305653_53df1b01ec_b.jpg

Our new sun room is nearly ready, this was taken before the electricians arrived to install outlets, ceiling fans and hook up the heat pump. The the vertical blinds are supposed to be installed in a few weeks.

Nice looking sun room, Bill. You'll have to check with Bob (Bohdan) up in Ontario for lessons on how to keep the glass clean enough to shoot very sharp pictures through :D
Active D looks like it works very well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom