Bill's Barber Shop (my first mirrorless photograph)

Yesterday, I went out to capture my first photograph with a mirrorless camera (Nikon Z7ii). So far, I'm pleased with the camera and the new lens (14-24 2.8 S).

2021-04-22 orland-9.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Last edited:
My local barber is also a Bill's barbershop.
Of coarse I have not had a haircut since Covid started Feb 2020.
Great first image. But pretty much proof the camera doesn't make the art, it is the person behind it.
Nicely seen.
(I think) you will love the mirrorless. The lighter weight, the "better" lenses - enjoy Glenn.
I'm just grateful he didn't photograph his cat! :rolleyes:

Enjoy,

--Ken
Glenn,

Cannot wait to see how the new camera handles the interior shots that you do so well!

DG
Thanks Gary...I appreciate it.

Thank you, Allan...so far it seems that the 24-70 S is noticeably sharper than my F mount version.

I'm more of a dog person, Ken

Thanks Dave...interiors have been put on hold with COVID restrictions for the most part, unfortunately. I am looking forward to putting the new 14-24 through the paces once places start opening up more.

Glenn

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I'm happy to hear that you like the Z7ii, Glenn. I have the Z5 and am in love with it. It and the kit lens suits my needs perfectly and I'm glad I made the switch.

I know that your first shot was a more casual one, and cannot wait to see what you do with the camera when you really start to shoot! Congratulations on moving to mirrorless. Like me, I don't think you'll regret it.

I'm happy to hear that you like the Z7ii, Glenn. I have the Z5 and am in love with it. It and the kit lens suits my needs perfectly and I'm glad I made the switch.

I know that your first shot was a more casual one, and cannot wait to see what you do with the camera when you really start to shoot! Congratulations on moving to mirrorless. Like me, I don't think you'll regret it.
Thanks Lyndee...after shooting with the new gear for a couple of hours, I’m confident I made the right move. For now I’ll keep my D850 as well for shooting action.

Glenn

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Nice! I'm sure we will see many beautiful photos with your new gear.

I'm jealous of that 14-24 though I live in the 24-70 space. For my money, the Z system is not so much about the bodies as it is about the lenses which are uniformly better across the frames and generally as sharp or sharper than their g counterparts. You get spoiled quick. Are you going for the 2.8 trifecta?

I'm jealous of that 14-24 though I live in the 24-70 space. For my money, the Z system is not so much about the bodies as it is about the lenses which are uniformly better across the frames and generally as sharp or sharper than their g counterparts. You get spoiled quick. Are you going for the 2.8 trifecta?
The lenses were the driving force for me to go mirrorless. I already own the latest F mount 70-200 2.8 and it is stellar—so I plan to use it with the adaptor for the time being.

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom