Biltmore Hotel - Coral Gables (7)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by alexf, Jul 1, 2007.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C&C welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Great photos Alex. The B&W takes us back in time a few decades.

3. Nice shots of this "classic" hotel!

Like the last view the best. Looks like it was windy and some of the palm trees (leaves) are blurred.

Sorry I don't know this hotel, is it local? Maybe a chance to try without the wind and perhaps some "puffy" clouds? Don't know how you managed to pick a time with no cars in the lot?

4. Shot at 1/60s. It was not windy. I don't see blurring.
    It was shot this morning (Sunday) at 08:00 am. That accounts for no cars.

The Coral Gables Biltmore Hotel, built in 1926 is a National Historic Landmark.

5. jdaley

jdaley

Jan 14, 2007
    South Florida
    Great shots Alex, #6 is almost like a postcard I saw in the hotel. Coral Gables is a great place that I do not spend near enough time photographing.

6. one of my favorite haunted venues
    great shots
    when i was in college (at the university of miami)
    my favorite study desk... on the 7th floor of "THE STACKS"/upstairs in the library overlooked this fine hotel (years BEFORE its renovation)...
    ... always an inspiration for my studies
    glad to see it here