1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bing Cash Back?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by ddietiker, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I just did a search and found a D3x from Buy.com with free shipping with Bing cash back for 6899.

Does this cash back thing work?

2. goffer

goffer

Nov 22, 2007
    San Diego
    J&R has it for $6599 and yes it works :) 

3. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    Can someone explain how it works?

4. You go to one of the websites that they have the cashback at, and you place your order, then after its all paid you recieve an email on how much youre getting back, and it can be recieved through paypal, or they send checks.

Unless im mistaken, i believe thats how it works.

5. remember its not an instant "rebate" ... check out bing for details ...

6. I used a Nikon cashback direct from Nikon when I purchased a D300 and had to chase them up twice took ages to settle.

7. rbalston

rbalston

Sep 14, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I used it to buy my D700 and also the D90 and a Sigma 24-70mm lens and it works. It just takes a while for you to get your money back.

Recommended but follow the directions on how to use it or it won't get recorded with 'BING'.

8. Yes the Bing Cashback works. According to a little spreadsheet I use to make sure we get all the Cashbacks, my wife and I have $2,942.55. We've used it on everything from bodies to lenses to flashes to tripods to video games to booster seats.

As with any program, I strongly recommend reading the instructions and terms and conditions. Remember that the Cashback on eBay is different than the Cashback with "Cashback stores" in Bing.

Cashback stores:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=tou&mkt=en-us&FORM=CBHT06

eBay Cashback:

http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

One reason it's confusing is that there are a lot of different ways to "pull up" the Cashback. Also, some Cashbacks are not payable for 60 days, others are "instant" and get paid within minutes of purchase. Some require you to use specific payment methods (e.g. eBay Cashback always requires PayPal).

I also recommending taking screenshots of everything, especially pages that say you are supposed to get Xyz Cashback if you go ahead with a purchase. E.g. take a snapshot of the screens and paste them into a word processor or save it as a JPEG/PNG file. This comes in handy later if there is a problem and you have to contact Bing Cashback support.

9. Adkid

Adkid

Jan 3, 2009
    Portland
    How do you take a screenshot?:confused: 

10. There are a number of ways. If you are running Windows, hit the "prt sc" (print screen) button. That will copy your screen into the copy-and-paste buffer. An easy thing to do is to then paste it into a word processor like Word. With Word, you can use the "Paste" command from the menu, or use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl V (press down the Ctrl key, and hit the "V" key).

Then save the file when you're done.

If you're running a Macintosh, I don't have one, but I'm sure others here can help.

11. I have used cashback from Bing. I used Bing and I ordered a 7 million dollar home from Ebags and got $30.80 back. That bag is not discounted anywhere. I got the email in a few hours after the order was placed.

12. Bing cashback on eBay is 14% now (but capped at $200 max).

I pulled the trigger on a 10-24 Nikkor from Beach Camera when cashback was at 12% and got it for $712, but now you can get it for $696 including shipping!

Of course they were going to increase the cashback the day after I ordered something - but if I hadn't ordered, they would have lowered it instead :smile:

Cheers

Mike

13. LOL. Isn't that always the case?

Now if only we'd also get an eBay 10% or 15% off coupon!

(Though the truth is, eBay seems to plan the coupons relative to the Cashbacks. E.g. a whole mess expired a couple of days before the Cashback went up to 10%.)

14. xtians

xtians

Nov 8, 2008
    So Cal
    For stores like B&H where the cashback is 4-7%, how do we check what % we get without checking out? Thanks.

15. Funny how that works, Bill - I think it's a law written by a man called Murphy :smile:

I was actually expecting the cashback to go up from 12%, that's why I waited a few days... Someone initially posted that it might go up to 15%...

But then I read how Microsoft may end the current promotion early depending on how soon the funds run out, and I started getting worried that other people may also see the Beach Camera deal and they would be out of stock...

And then I told myself, if it goes up another 2%, the 10-24 will be $16 cheaper - not worth the risk of losing the deal entirely :smile:

But it is mildly annoying that it would be 12% for a whole week, and then it goes up right after I finally make the purchase!

Cheers

Mike

16. sishac

sishac

Jan 17, 2008
    Wayne, PA
    I pulled the trigger on a D300 and got 13% Bing cashback (its currently pending)....when it went down from 14% I said to myself "it its still 13% tomorrow morning, I'll buy it." It was, and I did...very happy, I saved over $150!

17. Congrats! Looks like it's back down to 10% now on eBay...

Cheers

Mike

18. sbrian28

sbrian28

Sep 22, 2008
    Indiana
    I want to do the same thing for this lens. However, when I search Bing the 10-24 does not show up. Does that matter or do I just find a retailer that offers the cashback and then I can get it even if Bing doesn't return the specific item?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.