Bird dogs

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Since some of you are rather dog friendly, thought I would share a few pictures of one of my passions and hobbies, Bird dog training. This is from a session last saturday.
20864057-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20863707-L.jpg

20863715-L.jpg

Excellent shots of excellent dogs, Dave! That first pose is so typical for a bird-dog.

You mentioned you're a Dog trainer?, Hmm any hints&tips for my lab? :-D

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Panos,
I have only trained one lab, he was pretty easy to train. Basics for a lab are come sit stay. then heel, fetch and other commands are a snap. I have an old copy of WATER DOG, by a man here in va. that i would be happy to send to you as a gift. he was a master at training retrievers and the ol bugger died in an ultralight plane crash at 74 years old. i think he built the plane too.

D

D. Kelly

Beautiful dogs Dave...I train my own too, and it's a lot of fun watching them come along. I've got an 18 week old Springer now that already retrieves to hand and can find a single pheasant feather in the middle of the field...can't wait till October :D

I've used the books from the gent you mentioned...Richard Wolters I believe...and have for the last 15 years or so, his methods work like a charm (they have on my last 3 dogs anyway). Anyway...great shots of them as well, have fun in the fall!

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Springers are WONDERFUL dogs. I have hunted grouse over them, very productive dogs. Thanks for all the kind comments.

Latest threads

Top Bottom