Bird i.d. requested

I'm not very familiar with the various hawks, falcons, etc but shot these two yesterday. Can anyone tell me what they are?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not the greatest shot but hopefully identifiable. Different bird from above and different park

Same bird as above but in flight

Wow kevin,

Great catches. Nice shots. The first one looks like he/she is looking right at you. big eyes.

Red shouldered hawk ???? Not good on bird ID's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Gale! Yeah, he had his eye on me alright. I was trying to make noises so he'd look at me. Got a couple of him with his mouth open while he was squaking. These are my first raptor shots so I was rather pleased he was so accommodating.

Kevin,

Wasn't it just a thrill to get such a shot.

I remember the feeling well when I first saw a bald eagle. Don't have any real good one of him though. Darn.

Excellent Kevin. I got my first raptor about a year ago and I can well remember every detail of getting the shot. Like Gale, I can also remember my first Eagle. I was literally trying to shoot with tears running down my face it was so awesome. :oops:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Gail and Frank I think you're right. I was at the Audobon Center today and saw a Red Shouldered Hawk and it looked exactly like this bird.

It is really a thrill to see these magnificent birds out in the wild. Then it's even more exciting when you realize they're not going to fly off and you can take 30 shots of them. I'm definitely having fun!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom