bird id help

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JWEAR, Sep 22, 2005.

1. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    I am working with a group to save bolsa chica wet lands .If anyone that reads this or has ever shot there can help, it would be a shame to lose
    it .IF you are going to shoot there please email me before and maybe you can help just by shooting there --If anyone has a good idea what this bird is [​IMG] now this is not a very good photo i know but may help with id ,you all know how hard it is to slip up on these guys [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2005
  2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I'm not sure because I can't really tell the size of it from this photo. It appears to be a Hawk of some sort. A Harris Hawk maybe?

I'll be interested to know.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good one Jeff.
    Hope he's there next time we go :wink:
    I won't give away ID ( had insider info :biggrin: ) don't want to end up like Martha, well maybe I do $$$$$ :biggrin: :biggrin:

4. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    bird id

this was sent to someone to look at and this is the experts My bird ID expert says those two hawk pics you sent were of a juvenile
    dark-morph Red-Tail Hawk. See attached.
    thanks for looking --this was sent in from the bolsa people for id

5. I will be going to Bolsa Chica on the 10th October, a friend of mine is getting married and I have the Monday off, I have looked at the website any other great tips of where to go?

thanks

andreas

6. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    i have sent you a pm be glad to help