1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bird ID please

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Well, I'm impressed..... the kids were up and dressed before I was this morning! We left out to go to Hagerman and got this birdie while there. I had to crop, so there may be noise in the photo. We had a good time, despite everything!

2699917406_f3a736ceae_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  2. MFowler

MFowler

Apr 18, 2008
    Texas
    Im no bird expert but it looks a little like a female Orchard Oriole. Nice picture!

3. Thanks! We got it at Hagerman WIldlife Refuge this morning. We all had a good time despite the grasshoppers getting into the car!

4. Well, the TX Birders say it's a female Dickcissal. Pretty little lady too!

5. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    yep ,, i'd say dicksissel,,, the beak isn't quite right for a orchard oriole,, also this one has a yellow eye stripe looks like and the wings look brownish

6. Thanks! This was the first time I got a dickcissel when it wasn't singing its' little heart out! I"m thinking this is the female - gotta look at my other shots of the birdie too! Thanks for stopping by!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.