1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bird ID please?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, May 16, 2007.

1. I was sitting on Ft Myers Beach watching this little bird going about his business, and busy he was. I think it is a Willet, but am not sure. Help much appreciated:biggrin: .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Nancy

2. IT is a Willet Nancy. The Western variety. Nice shots.

3. Thanks:smile: . I now wish I had gone out to the beach more. There are lots of birds moving about the shore and they seem fairly acustomed to the people. But, they do not sit still very much:rolleyes:  . A high shutter speed is definitely needed. I am glad to have gotten the name right:smile: .

Cheers
    Nancy

4. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow...that 2nd one is amazing!

5. Thanks Lisa! It was fun just watching them trying to find their breakfast.

Cheers
    Nancy

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice work Nancy:>))
    I love Ft Myers beach:>)))

7. Nice Capture Nancy

8. Thanks:smile: . What could be better but being out on the beach, camera in hand and your first cup of coffee.

Nancy

9. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    That would make my day! Anyways nice capture Nancy. I bet if you get there earlier you'll have even better lighting and maybe more birds too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.