Bird IDs requested - 4 Birds, 6 pics

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, Nov 6, 2005.

1. I now this is some kind of eagle but unsure whether it's a juvenile Bald Eagle or a Golden Eagle. Sorry it's not the best quality but it's the best I've got.
    [​IMG]

I know these are woodpeckers but don't know the variety.
    [​IMG]

This guy was inside the hole of this tree stump and then made an appearance on the branch. Not sure if he made the hole or just moved in. His beak looks like a woodpecker but I've never seen anything like it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure this is a Kestril. This 1st shot is probably the clearest shot I've ever taken. Very little sharpening needed.
    [​IMG]

This one needed more sharpening but came out ok
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the ids!

2. Some nice shots Kevin............second one looks like a northern flicker and the first kestrel shot is AWESOME bud :biggrin: , you must be pleased!!! beautifully done............the rest I will take a peek in zee birdie book as Im not sure

3. Lets see I am no expert but I believe it is a juvie bald eagle
    Red bellied Woodpeckers
    A European Starling I believe
    Kestrel is right and I am so darn jealous what a fantastic shot.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is the young Eagle Kevin.

Thanks for posting spotty...lolol Now I dont have to.

American Kestrel. Believe that is the redbellied wood pecker.

Alllll excellent.

5. sitting here with my birdbook when I realize the answers have already been tendered sheez
    These are GREAT!

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Sorry Kevin can't help on the others
    Eagle yes but that's all I can tell
    Now those Kestral shots are just stunning !! :wink:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    All very good shots Kevin. I agree with the juvi Bald Eagle ID and the Red Bellies. Looks like you got ID's for the others as well. As for the shots, I'm most impressed by the Kestrel. Quick little suckers. You did a good job of catching these in-flight. :smile:

8. Some nice shots Kevin, esp. the Kestrel in flight. Thats a juvi Bald Eagle.

Look forward to joining you soon...

9. Thanks everyone for both the IDs and the nice comments. I keep hearing about the Kestrels at Viera but only catch a quick glimpse and never a chance to shoot them. This one was on the post and flew by just as Gale & I got out of the truck. I didn't realize they're so small and fast!! Tickled pink that I got a keeper.