1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Birdie Birdie

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Doug, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I endured the 90ish temps and boiling humidity for about 2 hours at the zoo before nearly passing out, lol. Maybe my best bird shot EVER.

[​IMG]

he was so excited to be photographed. "Hey, I thought I wore my wing tips today?"

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice captures Doug. What the heck is it?

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Frank, the 200-400VR delivered the goods.

I am not real sure Frank, I was inside an exibit with a few different birds, I didn't see a sign saying who was resident. It was cool though, you go through a little room, call it a dark grass hut foyer, when you go into the vertical blinds, your in a netted community with water and trees. The birds are right there with you, very cool!

4. Gee that IS a very pretty and interesting birdie! Nice job too!

5. I'm pretty sure it's a boat-billed heron. Cool photos :smile:

Alan

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Alan, with that "jester" hairdo", it shouldn't be to hard to identify huh? :) 

But I don't know my birds, really... I really like the bird though, very cool... Also interesting to note a change of posture really makes it look like a totally different bird. Well, except for that beak, that is sort of hard to mistake. :) 

Doug

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.