Birdies at the Duck Pond...

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Clix Pix, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots

Bath time is a riot:>))))lolol

2. Thanks, Gale! Yes, it was funny watching that guy (or gal?) having the best time splishin' and splashin'!

3. LOL, just when I think it is safe to back to the beach, there are the Muscovies again. Nice shots, I am ready to go again.

4. Aahhh, so that's what these are called :smile: . I really think that they are very photogenic. Nice series Connie!

5. Thanks, John and Frits! Yep, those Muscovy ducks are quite odd looking but definitely fascinating to photograph! :smile:

6. Well, Connie looks like you're getting hooked on da birdies! Nice going! Love that mallard!

7. Oh, yeah, Dianne....I'm hooked on the birdies, especially the GBH (see those shots in another thread) and would love to spend some time shooting egrets and GBH! What really did it was last winter's expeditions to Conowingo Dam, where I saw my first Bald Eagles. There the GBH were pretty far away and we couldn't get good close shots of them, so when I was at Guntersville I was ecstatic. Sometimes I would forget to actually press the shutter, I was so entranced just watching them flying around!

Ducks and geese are fun, too, of course -- Here on my little lake we have mallards and Canada Geese, no Muscovies. Now we've got a new Mother Goose sitting on her nest right under the boardwalk that is just beneath my building, so I've been keeping an eye on her and will soon start photographing her, as I did last spring. I hope that this time maybe I can actually capture the goslings as they are hatching. Missed that blessed event last year.

I haven't done much with trying to shoot smaller birds -- since this is an area with a lot of big trees and several condo buildings, it's not quite the same as being able to set out birdhouses and bird feeders in one's own yard. That would be fun to be able to do, though, and then be able to quietly sit with the camera at hand and wait for the birdies to come... You have an advantage there!

8. Oh having my own backyard is fun except when the neighbor's dog starts barking and scares everything away! :mad: :mad: