Birdies from today (D2X and 200-400 shots)

My last day of work was today before starting my vacation, so on the way home I stopped by the local pond and my Buddie the GWE was hanging out along with a few other birdies. Here are the pictures it was very harsh light and while shooting the geese and ducks had to shoot right into the sun. But a photog got to do what a photogs got to do :lol:
GWE #1
Img1091.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GWE #2
Img1105.jpg

Duck#1
Img1143.jpg

Duck#2
Img1140.jpg

Goose
Img1155.jpg

GWE
Img1167.jpg

GWE
Img1173.jpg

Excellent shots Mike. Looks like it didn't take you long to get familiar with the big bazooka. 8)

Where did you say that you were going? Are you going to be able to come down to FL in Nov? I sure hope that we can get the group together again. Seems like everyone has a new cam, new glass, or both. I just can't wait. :wink:

Vinod Menon said:
I love the first two shots, the black background looks awesome! Looks like you are having a great time with the lens :)
Thnaks yea the bird was out in bright sunlight ant eh backgroudn was dark so I had to dail in like-2.3EV whcih sent the background dark, but also lowered the shutter speed quite a bit

Flew said:
Excellent shots Mike. Looks like it didn't take you long to get familiar with the big bazooka. 8)

Where did you say that you were going? Are you going to be able to come down to FL in Nov? I sure hope that we can get the group together again. Seems like everyone has a new cam, new glass, or both. I just can't wait. :wink:
Getting there Frank long way to go I never shot with such a big lens
I am heading to our beach house on Fenwick Island for the week hope to sneak away for some birdie shots
Merritt III is going to be tough for me bad week to travel very expensive and crowded plus I have a week off in Oct to go to Skyline drive to watch the fall foliage and a few days in Sept for a golf trip. So doesn't look like I can make Thanksgiving week. I sure would like to though

Pretty nice,Mike!

These look pretty darn good. Nice EV read on the 1st 2. I see you had the TC 1.4 attached? Have a good vacation. Will we be hearing from you during it?

Re: Pretty nice,Mike!

Steve S said:
These look pretty darn good. Nice EV read on the 1st 2. I see you had the TC 1.4 attached? Have a good vacation. Will we be hearing from you during it?
Thanks gets scary dialing in that much EV you almost think you are doing something wrong, but the histogram and blinkies dont lie!
Yep will be checking in have DSL and a wireless network at our beach house

Great shots, Mike! That lens is No. 1 on my LL list and seeing shots like yours make it hard to resist. Enjoy the vacation and the new toy!!

Excellent shots as always Mike. Hope to shoot with you again soon. The wetlands are getting active again. I shot there today and when I went to The Tree there were two caracaras and an osprey hanging out.

Latest threads

Top Bottom