Birding in Australia...questions

Some questions for anyone who has vivited Australia...my wife will be attending a conference in Melbourne Aug 20-24 and I get to tag along, lucky me :D In addition to the 5-day conference we plan on staying an additional 2 weeks...do we go 2 weeks before the conference or stay 2 weeks after the conference, which would be better for birding possibilities?We enjoy birding and I love to photograph them.

We're thinking of flying to Cairns and/or Darwin, staying a week at each(?) and doing bird tours from those locations.

Any advice or recommendations would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Definitely go BEFORE the conference!

That way, at leat you can spend some "quality time" processing your images while she's atttending the conf. Can't help you on where to stay or look for birds.

Real Name
Philip Armitage
re Australian Birds

Hi Don

can I suggest you contact Lou Rozensteins. Go to www.photopoints.com and then search out Lou's name. You will find dozens of bird pics he has put up on that site. You will be able to email him from there and I am sure he could give you some useful info.

have a good trip downunder, although I have to say you will miss out on the best place downunder!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom