Birding in Australia...questions

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by dond, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Some questions for anyone who has vivited Australia...my wife will be attending a conference in Melbourne Aug 20-24 and I get to tag along, lucky me :D In addition to the 5-day conference we plan on staying an additional 2 weeks...do we go 2 weeks before the conference or stay 2 weeks after the conference, which would be better for birding possibilities?We enjoy birding and I love to photograph them.

We're thinking of flying to Cairns and/or Darwin, staying a week at each(?) and doing bird tours from those locations.

Any advice or recommendations would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Definitely go BEFORE the conference!

That way, at leat you can spend some "quality time" processing your images while she's atttending the conf. Can't help you on where to stay or look for birds.

3. re Australian Birds

Hi Don

can I suggest you contact Lou Rozensteins. Go to www.photopoints.com and then search out Lou's name. You will find dozens of bird pics he has put up on that site. You will be able to email him from there and I am sure he could give you some useful info.

have a good trip downunder, although I have to say you will miss out on the best place downunder!!