Birds at Kensington

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dbirdsong, Aug 22, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The weather wasn't too good, but I managed to get a few shots today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were shot at ISO 640 with a D70, Sigma 70-200 HSM and Sigma 2x EX TC, then cleaned up with Noise Ninja.

2. Kensington is one of the best places in the whole world. I do miss living in Michigan at times :cool:

Thanks for the photos, if you have more I would absolutely love to see them.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks for the kind words, I posted my best on my website, Click here to see them

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Very nice shots. Did you shoot these in RAW? The reason that I ask is that I was wondering whether you have tried the NR in NC4.3, and if so, how you compare that with NN?

Also, do you use PS CS for post processing, and if you do, do you have the FM ResizePro and Intellisharpen II plug-ins? I have both of these and they have a noise reduction option built in. I actually took some shots at ISO 1600 (with the D2H) a couple of weeks ago, and was pretty impressed at how they turned out just using the capabilities of NC and the FM plug-ins in PS CS.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hi Frank
    Thanks for the kind words..
    I rarely shoot in RAW, only when it is a paid job and I am wanting to make sure and cover my back side in case I screw up when I take the picture.
    When I do, I use PS CE2 for my conversion.
    As for the FM plug-in's I have never tried any of his stuff.
    I started using Noise Ninja last winter because if it's batch processing during the hockey season. I have to shoot at 1600 all the time then and I was really pleased with the way it worked.
    I might have to see if I can get some of FM plug-in's to review for the Michigan Apple's AppleGram. But I guess I should stop spending so much time here and finish my review of PS CS2 before Adobe sends me a bill for it. :eek: (It was suppose to have been finished a month ago.)

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Dave. I'm amazed that the GBH spends time in water clogged with plants like that. Would appear to be very difficult to spot the meal as it swims by.