Birds at Pennington Flash (2) Bullfinches

Discussion in 'Birds' started by alanhill, Apr 3, 2007.

1. The most colourful birds at the feeding station are the bullfinches. I have seen a dozen there at once. They really appreciate the seeds provided.

They eat so much that their beaks are almost always moving as they manoeuvre a seed to remove its husk. The cocks are beautiful of course.

But the subtle colours of the hens are also very pleasing, particularly if you are lucky enough to get a close view.

2. Very Nice Set Alan

Good Detail and excellent color
  3. Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Nice, i like the last hen shot the most, these are ver pretty irds, i've seen them a few times, but they seem to have camera sixth sence when i'm about...
  4. I know what you mean Paul, but I am sure they are worth some time and effort when you find the right place to shoot them.

5. Great shots! :smile:
  6. Timeout

May 23, 2006
    Alan, I have always thought these Bullfinches are among the prettiest in terms of coloration. You're very fortunate to have a nice place to get these shots. The way you took them, it looks so peaceful and natural.

All are nice, but I sure do love #4, it looks like a greeting card! I notice that fellow has jewelry.
  7. We don't have these birds in NE Ohio. They are beautiful! Nice shots
  8. Thank you all.