Birds from my fishing trip

A couple of weeks ago went on my annual fly-fishing trip for four days and as it turns out the fishing was pretty good but the photography was even better. Always had my cameras with me as I drove back into the desert lakes I was fishing, so here are a few of the many shots I got from the window of my truck.

1. Loggerhead Kingbird
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1195883

3. Western Kingbird
original.jpg

View attachment 1195886

5. Magpie
original.jpg

6. A typical rainbow trout I caught
View attachment 1195888

Louie

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful shots. And I really love the last one. We'll be going on our annual trip in a few weeks.

A lovely series Louis. All nicely cropped and framed. Mongo's picks are #4 for sharpness and detail and near perfect contrast followed by image #1 which is an elegant formal image with soothing complimentary coloured background.

BTW - the trout looks kinda tasty too.

very nice work

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful shots. And I really love the last one. We'll be going on our annual trip in a few weeks.
Thanks very much.
Great looking shots and a nice trout.
Thanks and the trout fishing was excellent.
Nice, can't beat pan fried Rainbow !!! :smile:
My annual camping/fishing trip is 2 months away.
Thank you, I always enjoy it when I can combine both some fishing with some photography.
Excellent Louis...Ah...fire up the smoker...
Thanks very much, I appreciate it.

The bird photos are top-notch, Louis. Now tell us more about the fishing...:smile:

Lakes?

I see a float tube...

The bird photos are top-notch, Louis. Now tell us more about the fishing...:smile:

Lakes?

I see a float tube...

Well, thanks very much for your comments, I appreciate them. I go on an annual fly-fishing trip every year in mid May over the eastern part of Washington State and fish the desert lakes. Typically I fish from my pontoon boat. On this year's trip I primarily had luck fishing a wet fly line with a small damsel fly nymph. A few mornings I was all by myself out on the lake just taking in the silence and beauty of it all. On my way back into the lake each morning I would typically find birds, deer and this year a number of wild turkeys, so the shooting was super as well as the fishing. Thanks for asking.

Super set Louie. I love the backgrounds of number 1 and number 3. That is a beautiful trout there. No snakes this year??
Hi Jim and thanks, it was a great trip overall.
Nice work, worth looking at your photos.
Appreciate your comment.
Louie - I'm not a fisherman, but I envy your skills at snagging both environmental shots of birds and actual trout. :smile:
Many thanks Eric.
Great set Louis as always!
Thank you very much.
Nice bird shots, esp. #1. I assume you meant to type Eastern Kingbird on that first one.

Larry
Thank you Larry, I looked hard at my books and decided that it was in fact a Loggerhead, but I could be wrong.

Thank you Larry, I looked hard at my books and decided that it was in fact a Loggerhead, but I could be wrong.

Perhaps you confused Loggerhead Shrike and some sort of Kingbird? There is a Loggerhead Kingbird but it occurs only in the Caribbean. This is an Eastern Kingbird.

Larry

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom