Birds from my morning walk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Mitchell, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Took a walk in the park this morning at sunrise. Quite a variety with some pretty decent light after all the rain we've been having.

All taken with the D2Xs and 300mmVR with a monopod.

Any comments?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Really nice shots Mitch

3. sreeves31

sreeves31

Jun 25, 2007
    Mason, OH
    Nice series. The limpkin shot (last one) is my personal fave and a real beauty. Do you leave VR on when using a monopod?

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent series
    Love your Limpkin

I am rather partial to the Limpkin having shot a family for 5 weeks straight last year.
    Babies are so darn cute:>)))))

See in gallery

5. Great shots Mitch!

Anthony

6. Scott, these were all taken with the VR left on while on the monopod. This is obviously a point of contention since it is recommended that you turn VR off while on a tripod. My monopod skills are not that steady!:redface:

My tougher question is whether to leave VR on while trying to capture BIF. If on, do you put it in active mode? I seem to have more in focus BIF shots with VR off.

7. Thanks, Gale. I love our Limpkins. They seem to enjoy posing for their pictures!

8. WOW! Talk about beautiful! Wonderful series, BUT I especially like the last one - it's the way you caught the reflection! Great job! Keep em comin when you can!

9. Great series, must have been a very enjoyable walk

10. sreeves31

sreeves31

Jun 25, 2007
    Mason, OH
    Mitch-

I am with you on the birds in flight. I leave VR off on all but the most languid fliers - like Great Blue Herons. I seem to get more in focus shots that way.

11. very nice series Mitch! the colors, contrast and sharpness are outstanding...