Birds in flight - my first

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Phil K, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Don't laugh, guys. These are ordinary photos, but it's my first try at flying birds.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not ordinary at all Phil. Everyone has to start somewhere, and these are better than many that I have seen. Just a word of caution though; once you get started shooting these guys, it's hard to stop. :rolleyes:

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Phil

If you'd have seen my first attempt at flight shots, you'd be pleased as punch with yours :)

4. Nothing wrong with these shots at all they are not as easy as they look

5. Excellent start Phil! Keep in mind what has been told before, you are officialy addicted.

6. Thanks, everyone. I am always fasinated by photos of you guys and want to try catching some birds in flight. The problem is finding birds is not easy in the city, and it's usually after sunset when I am free after work.

Recently I find some raptors flying near a hill not far away from my office. I may sneak out one afternoon when the weather is fine to try my luck.

7. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Phil:

These are really good for a first time attempt. (wish we had a clapping smiley as I'd put it here :smile: ) I think seagulls are difficult, at least for me because they are hard to track and meter. Very nice!

8. Great job, Phil!! At least you got them entirely within your frame. My first are bits and pieces of birds! :rolleyes: I could probably take them and make a mosaic of an entire birdie! :wink:

9. Thanks, Lisa and Kevin. I was lucky this time. There is so much to be learned, and I think that's why it's so enjoyable and addictive.