Birds of Hamilton Ontario

Trying to get a decent shot of one of these for years:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Playing dead?

Bohdan,

Beautiful! I love cardinals and your capture is gorgeous! What is the name of the second bird... blue with black head? I had one on my feeder today, but he was gone so fast, I could not identify him.

I'm just across the lake from you (more or less) and I've seen several of the same birds, but I've never seen such nice images of them. You've done a great job.

Where have you gone to find them? And, if you don't mind, what equipment do you use to capture them? I'm finding I am "under-lensed" with my 70-200 and tc17e teleconverter. I'm just starting to shoot birds and wondering if it's a financial "mistake."

Thanks and God bless.
Doug

Bohdan,

Beautiful! I love cardinals and your capture is gorgeous! What is the name of the second bird... blue with black head? I had one on my feeder today, but he was gone so fast, I could not identify him.

I'm just across the lake from you (more or less) and I've seen several of the same birds, but I've never seen such nice images of them. You've done a great job.

Where have you gone to find them? And, if you don't mind, what equipment do you use to capture them? I'm finding I am "under-lensed" with my 70-200 and tc17e teleconverter. I'm just starting to shoot birds and wondering if it's a financial "mistake."

Thanks and God bless.
Doug
Thanks Doug...The second one is a cowbird I believe. These birds I found in Hamilton Ontario at the Royal Botanical Gardens - Grindstone creek trail..easy to reach and they even have a board walk to make things easy. The birds are very very approachable...the 70 200 vr plus a TC would suffice for some. The close shots I captured with the Nikon 300 f/4 plus the 1.7 nikon TC.
Tripod of course.

any other info you need send me a p.m.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom