Birds of Hamilton Ontario

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bohdan, May 17, 2007.

1. Trying to get a decent shot of one of these for years:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Playing dead?

[​IMG]

2. GREAT!!!! series and the RWBB is to die for.

Very Nicely done!!

3. Thanks Gary.

4. revdhd

revdhd

May 2, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Bohdan,

Beautiful! I love cardinals and your capture is gorgeous! What is the name of the second bird... blue with black head? I had one on my feeder today, but he was gone so fast, I could not identify him.

I'm just across the lake from you (more or less) and I've seen several of the same birds, but I've never seen such nice images of them. You've done a great job.

Where have you gone to find them? And, if you don't mind, what equipment do you use to capture them? I'm finding I am "under-lensed" with my 70-200 and tc17e teleconverter. I'm just starting to shoot birds and wondering if it's a financial "mistake."

Thanks and God bless.
    Doug

5. Thanks Doug...The second one is a cowbird I believe. These birds I found in Hamilton Ontario at the Royal Botanical Gardens - Grindstone creek trail..easy to reach and they even have a board walk to make things easy. The birds are very very approachable...the 70 200 vr plus a TC would suffice for some. The close shots I captured with the Nikon 300 f/4 plus the 1.7 nikon TC.
    Tripod of course.

any other info you need send me a p.m.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You are gettin awfully good with this birdie stuff...lol

Beautiful shots

7. Thanks a lot Gale.