1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Birds of Veira

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Came across these images while sorting through an old backup hard drive. These are from my last visit to Veira Wetlands, which was far too long ago. Always interesting to me, when you find old images that haven't been processed yet.

_D309293 72wf.
    NIKON D300    500.0 mm f/4.0    700mm    f/7.1    1/400s    ISO 400

_D308804 72wf.
    NIKON D300    500.0 mm f/4.0    700mm    f/7.1    1/500s    ISO 320

_D2S7250 72wf.
    NIKON D2Xs    300.0 mm f/4.0    300mm    f/6.3    1/750s    ISO 250

_D2S7934 72wf.
    NIKON D2Xs    300.0 mm f/4.0    300mm    f/7.1    1/750s    ISO 320

_D2S7690 72wf.
    NIKON D2Xs    300.0 mm f/4.0    300mm    f/6.3    1/500s    ISO 250

Louie

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lots'a crunch there Louie!

3. drr1531

drr1531

Jan 2, 2009
    Alaska
    Some nice ones here, Louie. Love that first one for the technical/artistic aspects. But some of the others have some interesting content. Nice find.
    Indeed, sometimes I surprise myself with some hidden gems that lay in the "inbox" for literally years. I'm always amazed.

4. How did you ever let those images go unprocessed for so long?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Wow! If I had images like that they would have been starred, highly rated and on my "Best Of" list! LOL! Well done!

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    Great set Louie

7. They sat hidden much too long Louis for us to enjoy. But we certainly are enjoying them now.

8. spoonbill

spoonbill

Jan 25, 2013
    Indiana
    Louie..........excellent old shots there.......at a place I love to go to also. Surprising what we find buried under the rocks huh ?!?!

9. tony-b

tony-b

Sep 13, 2008
    Viera, FL
    Great images. I live in Viera so I think I’ll have to hang out at the wetlands more often. Thanks for the inspiration.

10. well done Louie, you should start a thread "who's eating who" :D 

11. You "old, never got to these" images are better than most folk's prime images. Nice set - keep looking. :) 

12. Well done digging these up, enjoyed looking at them.

13. gorec

gorec

May 15, 2014
    UAE
    Wonderful set !! Action filled !!(y)

14. Nice Viera stuff. The birds are still there, but the weeds and grass are very overgrown due to all the rain lately.

15. Agree! I live there too... need to get out more! Maybe you could organize a group! I'll cover the beers at Long Doggers!

16. Top notch Louie. What fun to go back to your old images. Going back to the D2X days seems like so long ago. How did we ever capture quality images with that camera? I am always amazed at how many action shots I was able to get with that camera. That was my first professional camera ever. I know you and I had lots of fun with that gear.

17. Fantastic, every one is an eye catcher.

18. Thanks Nick.

Appreciate your comments, thanks.

Thanks Allan, I was too busy shooting and processing others I guess.

Thank you very much Karen.

Thanks Randy.

Many thanks Bob.

Thanks very much, to me it is a very special place that I don't get to visit nearly as often as I like to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.