Birds with D300s + 300mm f2.8 VR I & Nikon t.c. 2X III

Hi:

I'm very happy with the sharpness achieved with bird details....when using my 1.4x t.c. ( Nikon)

I would appreciate bird samples with the new 2X t.c., with the combo listed in my heading

Many thanks,

Chuck.

I may be way off, but I don't suspect that you will see many samples posted. The image quality loss with a 2.0x teleconverter is quite significant. Also auto focus performance will suffer greatly.

I may be way off, but I don't suspect that you will see many samples posted. The image quality loss with a 2.0x teleconverter is quite significant. Also auto focus performance will suffer greatly.

Not too bad on a D4 with high speed BIF's (different kind of bird, though :smile:) - most cropped a decent amount as well:

_DSC5142-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC5196-XL.jpg

_DSC5154-XL.jpg

_DSC4025-XL.jpg

_DSC4726-XL.jpg

_DSC4833-XL.jpg

_DSC4226-XL.jpg

_DSC4334-XL.jpg

Thanks so much for these shots !!

chuck.

No problem - I realize that those were not exactly on topic, but wanted to show that in good light a 2x TC can do pretty well on primes.

BTW - these were with the 300 f2.8 VR2 and the newer TC-20E III (I've heard the older 2X TC was no where near as good as this newer one) and the aircraft in the first 3 shots was travelling at well over 600-650 mph and AF kept up well as the plane approached and passed by at that high speed - I had a few 30-40 shot bursts with only a few OOF shots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom