Birds with the Z6 II

The weather has forced me to learn a new toy by shooting things I didn't buy the camera for. I am just enjoying shooting with it so much I find myself using it for all sorts of things.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A lovely set!
I‘m still not a fan of EVF’s for birding, mind you I haven’t tried either of Nikon ZII bodies. Based on my previous experience, I have issues identifying the bird where it is against a bright background, or locating birds to photograph when they are in thick scrub.

Great pics. Keep em coming.
Thanks, Bill.
Awesome!!
Thank you, Terri.
Really nice pictures.
Well done.👍
Thanks.
Very nice set!
Thanks for looking.
All excellent, especially the last one, which is a bird I don't recognize. Can you enlighten me?
Thanks, Jim. That last one I wasn't expecting to see back this way yet. It's a brown thrasher.

A lovely set!
I‘m still not a fan of EVF’s for birding, mind you I haven’t tried either of Nikon ZII bodies. Based on my previous experience, I have issues identifying the bird where it is against a bright background, or locating birds to photograph when they are in thick scrub.
Thanks. I wasn't expecting to like the EVF as much as I have been. Now, my SLRs seem dark when I look through them. No way I could use the Z
for fast action , though.
Nice set. I like the cardinal with the snow best.
Thanks, Allan. The snow was coming down so hard for awhile the camera couldn't autofocus part of time.

Wow! I like the titmouse in the background in #3. Well done. (y)
Thanks, Rick. I have a few others where I was conscious of another bird in the background.
Can’t argue about Z IQ, it’s top notch and so is this set.
I decided to keep my Z6 and use it for what it’s good at and add the 24-105z when it comes out.
Randy, you're shots with the Z6 last year coupled with the "need" to trade in some older gear that wasn't selling is what led me to consider the Z6. I actually got a good deal from a St. Louis shop on my gear and picked out a Z6. A week later I returned and exchanged it for a z6 II with kit lens. It was meant to be my hiking camera. I think it has now replaced my D750. I like the bright EVF, exposure feedback, focusing out to the edges, and joystick. I think I'll have to sell the D750 now. Hoping with the second processor in the Z6 II there will be a few more focus system firmware updates. I have also noticed a few of the focus glitches - so I'm hesitant to limit myself. But, for what I shoot this is turning out pretty well. I still have the D500 for my main wildlife camera.

Nice set of images.

I wonder if/how much of the AF issues on the Z bodies have to do with the adapter. That seems to be a common complaint with all adapters as well as with TCs.
Thanks for looking. Not sure about the adapter. I can't recall if I noticed it when using any of the other lenses or not. I noticed it with my longer glass, the 500mm f/4 and the 200-500 VR. The original Z6 I had first wouldn't focus my Sigma 150mm macro OS at all. But, the Z6 II I ended up with works well. I did update firmware for both the camera and the FTZ, though. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom