Birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jerry Snider, May 9, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    The included pics (snapshots, really) seem to print out O.K. but are not very exciting. Likely because they were shot late morning. However, I am not into posting web pics so am concerned about them being oversharpened, or even worse. Would appreciate comments. At the moment I am like Spongebob Squarepants (grandkids influence here)--will absorb as much stuff as you folks are willing to throw at me. Incidentally, all photos taken with D70, Tokina 300mm 2.8 Pro with 1.4 Kenko converter.

My very best,
    Jerry S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow, Jerry, if you think these are not exiting then I'd really like to see what you consider to be excellent shots. I think these are great.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jerry,

I agree with Mike. These are excellent. I do think that you could stand to back off of the sharpening a tad on the first and last ones. Everyone goes through this when they first start preparing shots for the web. It's a fine line between not enough and too much.

Gorgeous shots all the same. :wink:

4. Nice shots!

5. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Thanks folks. I thought that they all were a tad oversharpened, although I couldn't lay my finger on the reason why--no halos, etc. Guess I want my photos to look like things I see under the microscope--sharp as a tack. The originals seem to print decent (my primary interest) bit I tend to "nudge" things a bit to far for the web for some reason.
    My very best,
    Jerry S

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jerry,

When I said a tad less, I really meant just an eensy teensy little tad. 8)

These aren't badly oversharpened at all, and many would probably say not at all. I know exactly what you mean about the 'nudge'. I do it myself.

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Jerry

Hi Jerry...

Thery look superb to me...in focus and in exposure.

If they are oversharpened, I have to agree with Frank here...it is so minor that I surely wouldn't concern myself with it :)

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots Jerry! I agree with the others that a couple of them are just a tiny bit over sharpened.

9. Very nice Jerry! Especially the Egret!!

10. Magnificent detail!!! WOW!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

11. Superb, esp the GBH!!! More!