Birds

The included pics (snapshots, really) seem to print out O.K. but are not very exciting. Likely because they were shot late morning. However, I am not into posting web pics so am concerned about them being oversharpened, or even worse. Would appreciate comments. At the moment I am like Spongebob Squarepants (grandkids influence here)--will absorb as much stuff as you folks are willing to throw at me. Incidentally, all photos taken with D70, Tokina 300mm 2.8 Pro with 1.4 Kenko converter.

My very best,
Jerry S

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow, Jerry, if you think these are not exiting then I'd really like to see what you consider to be excellent shots. I think these are great.

Jerry,

I agree with Mike. These are excellent. I do think that you could stand to back off of the sharpening a tad on the first and last ones. Everyone goes through this when they first start preparing shots for the web. It's a fine line between not enough and too much.

Gorgeous shots all the same. :wink:

Thanks folks. I thought that they all were a tad oversharpened, although I couldn't lay my finger on the reason why--no halos, etc. Guess I want my photos to look like things I see under the microscope--sharp as a tack. The originals seem to print decent (my primary interest) bit I tend to "nudge" things a bit to far for the web for some reason.
My very best,
Jerry S

Jerry S said:
Thanks folks. I thought that they all were a tad oversharpened, although I couldn't lay my finger on the reason why--no halos, etc. Guess I want my photos to look like things I see under the microscope--sharp as a tack. The originals seem to print decent (my primary interest) bit I tend to "nudge" things a bit to far for the web for some reason.
My very best,
Jerry S
Jerry,

When I said a tad less, I really meant just an eensy teensy little tad. 8)

These aren't badly oversharpened at all, and many would probably say not at all. I know exactly what you mean about the 'nudge'. I do it myself.

Jerry

Hi Jerry...

Thery look superb to me...in focus and in exposure.

If they are oversharpened, I have to agree with Frank here...it is so minor that I surely wouldn't concern myself with it :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom