Birgit's 52 Week Challenge 2015 - week 52..12-26-15

I will join and hope to keep up! I will try to post mostly pics from my new Oly-D EM1 camera which I am learning to use (12-40 f/2.8, 75-300 f/4+, and maybe soon, 40-150 f/2.8)...... but will also post pics taken with my Nikon gear. We have snow coming which may make shooting more interesting than the gray days we have had for so long.

Look forward to the challenge.

Hello Birgit. I'm looking forward to you pics. Glad you decided to give it a go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes....dog gone and birdies. My daughter, granddaughter and I were entered in a dog show January 2-4! I took my em1 and 12-40 f/2.8, 75-300 f/4+ lenses to try out. I think I am getting there. I will say this camera is great in low light. For me that's good as I hate using flash. I am also posting bird shots using my D7100 +80-400 w 1.7tc.

There are seven shots.....not sure how many I am allowed to post....But this would not be the norm as next week I will be scrambling for something to shoot.

Oly-em1

sancho-wk1 by OHcorgis, on Flickr

sancho-tub by OHcorgis, on Flickr

sancho-table by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Longer lens...not thrilled with this one.

jess-doz by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Winter Birds D7100

House Finch
housefinch2 by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Male Cardinal

cardinal
by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Female Cardinal

cardinal-female by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Beautiful shots. Your dogs are just wonderful. I really like your bird shots too. Great focus, colors and composition. (y)(y)(y)

Very beautiful birds, really fine images. And Dogs, well they always make me smile....

Yes....dog gone and birdies. My daughter, granddaughter and I were entered in a dog show January 2-4! I took my em1 and 12-40 f/2.8, 75-300 f/4+ lenses to try out. I think I am getting there. I will say this camera is great in low light. For me that's good as I hate using flash. I am also posting bird shots using my D7100 +80-400 w 1.7tc.

There are seven shots.....not sure how many I am allowed to post....But this would not be the norm as next week I will be scrambling for something to shoot.

Oly-em1

sancho-wk1 by OHcorgis, on Flickr

sancho-tub by OHcorgis, on Flickr

sancho-table by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Longer lens...not thrilled with this one.

jess-doz by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Winter Birds D7100

House Finch
housefinch2 by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Male Cardinal

cardinal
by OHcorgis, on Flickr

Female Cardinal

cardinal-female by OHcorgis, on Flickr
Post as many pictures as you like, Birgit. They're all wonderful. The birds are exceptional, but I was more interested in seeing how you'd fare with your new gear. Clearly not a problem, since Sancho-tub was my favorite of the 7 images. Well done.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Óh Birgit,
it seems Sancho didn't like his bath...

The Sancho pictures are beautiful, but "jess-doz" seems to be blured for me.

The house finch is exceptional.

Keep on...

Regards
Klaus

Post as many pictures as you like, Birgit. They're all wonderful. The birds are exceptional, but I was more interested in seeing how you'd fare with your new gear. Clearly not a problem, since Sancho-tub was my favorite of the 7 images. Well done.
Frank, all the dog pics were taken with my "new gear". Jess-Doz was taken with the 75-300f/4+. I am not so thrilled with this lens. Too many OOF pics. From now on I will stick with the "Pro" lenses.

I am not selling my Nikon gear any time soon.

Óh Birgit,
it seems Sancho didn't like his bath...

The Sancho pictures are beautiful, but "jess-doz" seems to be blured for me.

The house finch is exceptional.

Keep on...

Regards
Klaus
Klaus....you are right, Sancho not thrilled with his bath at all...but he is getting better about it. Yes, Jess/Doz is someone blurred. The 75-300 is not really doing what I like.

Real Name
Chris
Yay!! Welcome to the gang Birgit! It is so good to see you here, and with one of those newfangled mirrorless thingies too. I hope you get along with it, I am considering something a bit lighter and more compact myself, but ... ;)

It's always good to see your dogs and they are looking good. I absolutely LOVE Sancho's face while he's in the wash tub!

Yay!! Welcome to the gang Birgit! It is so good to see you here, and with one of those newfangled mirrorless thingies too. I hope you get along with it, I am considering something a bit lighter and more compact myself, but ... ;)

It's always good to see your dogs and they are looking good. I absolutely LOVE Sancho's face while he's in the wash tub!
Thanks, Chris.....I am glad the new fangled camera came my way (Thank you Uncle Frank). It is a handy dandy thing to bring to the picnic. Sancho is a real character in every way! You may see a lot more of him.

Oly-em1 75-300f/4+ I was trying to shoot birds with this combo and not one came out, except the post which stood quite still for me.

post by OHcorgis, on Flickr

I had some interesting shots with my OLy-em1 12-40....I took this back into photoshop and played.

snow-day by OHcorgis, on Flickr

#3 Forgotten from last week, processed this week. NikonD7100 80-400

red bellied woodpecker-female by OHcorgis, on Flickr

#3 - Downy? #1 is my favorite. Artistic perspective and has a great feel to the post - can almost touch the texture. Well done Birgit.

Very nice Birgit. I especially like the woodpecker shot. WOW! Great details on that one. The snow scenic is wonderful and makes me wish I was there. And your post shot. It's hard to get those posts to hold still. ;). Terrific use of focus on that one.

I'm so pleased to see you here in the 52 weeks project - looking forward to shooting with you here in 2015

Fantastic two sets Birgit - I really love your the two first in week two - excellent pp'ing as well
And of course your dog and bird shots are wonderful.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom