Birgit's 52 Week Challenge 2016 --Dec. 28

Hi All...just setting up my "thread" so I know where to post:rolleyes:. Not quite sure what date we are starting at (That is Ohio english, so incorrect).

Getting over my wretched cold and something wrong in my "operated" knee which is causing me pain. Not how I like to start a new year.

Getting over my wretched cold and something wrong in my "operated" knee which is causing me pain. Not how I like to start a new year.
Good idea to start this thread, Birgit. Not only my english is much worse than Ohio english but my start in 2016 will be worse. So, think positive and keep posting images. :D

Hi Birgit. Hope your knee pain and cold are over quickly and completely. Looking forward to your photos this year.

Birgit - hope your knee is better (remember m43 is the "light" one). Bring back that Burrow/mule

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Week 1. Good news, appointment with orthopedic surgeon today. All is fine with my knee, it just needs some PT and to recover to whatever I did to it. The damn cold, however, persists. Sigh;

I have to start out with some kind of bird, and I am so happy that my pair of Red Shouldered Hawks have returned home to their nesting ground...my yard.

RS Hawk. Nikon 7100 + 80-400 VR11 + 1.7tc.

rshawk-2 by Birgit, on Flickr

I had a party at my house and took some "portrait" shots with my OlyEM1 + 12-40/2.8 Pro. Criticism welcome. I did some PS work on these.

Karen

pwccwr party-4 by Birgit, on Flickr

Sara

pwccwr party-6 by Birgit, on Flickr

Debbie

pwccwr party-8 by Birgit, on Flickr

Betsy - forgot to tell her to remove her glasses.

pwccwr party-11 by Birgit, on Flickr

The hawk is a fine portrait of a wonderful predator. Your friends all have wonderful smiles. So glad your knee is not going to be a real problem.

The hawk is a fine portrait of a wonderful predator. Your friends all have wonderful smiles. So glad your knee is not going to be a real problem.
Jeff, my heart lifted to see the pair return. I can only hope their nest is viewable for my lenses and any hawklets survive the darn predators.

Great back ground and props on portrait 1&4. You have pleasing warm browns in your house. The bricks on an angle work for me.
Ivan, thank you. No props, just candids at a party where you hopefully get shots of folks not chewing on food. My house is very "country" with lots of brick and oak wood.

Week 1. Good news, appointment with orthopedic surgeon today. All is fine with my knee, it just needs some PT and to recover to whatever I did to it. The damn cold, however, persists. Sigh;

I have to start out with some kind of bird, and I am so happy that my pair of Red Shouldered Hawks have returned home to their nesting ground...my yard.

RS Hawk. Nikon 7100 + 80-400 VR11 + 1.7tc.

rshawk-2 by Birgit, on Flickr

I had a party at my house and took some "portrait" shots with my OlyEM1 + 12-40/2.8 Pro. Criticism welcome. I did some PS work on these.

Karen

pwccwr party-4 by Birgit, on Flickr

Sara

pwccwr party-6 by Birgit, on Flickr

Debbie

pwccwr party-8 by Birgit, on Flickr

Betsy - forgot to tell her to remove her glasses.

pwccwr party-11 by Birgit, on Flickr
Love your portraits - it looks like they're all having a great time :)
Also great shot of the hawk

What a start birds and people. I love the hawk shots and I hope you get to see a lot of them. The people shots are great as well. Also instead of removing the glasses have them tilt them down a bit by raising the backs and then you get off the reflection angle as the main light and you can get rid of the light reflections.

Great start Birgit. The portraits are really nice. Great looking ladies with terrific smiles. I like your hawk shot too. Nice looking bird.

Very nice to have hawks in your backyard! I think I would camp 24/24 in your garden with my camera! :)
Nice shot. Love the spontaneous portrets as well!
Thank you! You are welcome to camp out here.

What a start birds and people. I love the hawk shots and I hope you get to see a lot of them. The people shots are great as well. Also instead of removing the glasses have them tilt them down a bit by raising the backs and then you get off the reflection angle as the main light and you can get rid of the light reflections.
John, thanks for the hint. I totally forgot to ask them to remove their glasses! In one of them I can see my own reflection LOL.

The portraits are all very nice and the hawk is a beautiful bird!! Here's hoping that you have a very healthy 2016 and the rough start will soon improve.
Thanks Terri....my knee has recovered after a visit to the surgeon found nothing wrong. All very strange, but happy to walk again. Then my front tooth broke off!! Unbelievable! I wish the same healthy year for you.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom