Birthday #6

Not great photography, but I'm pleased with the moment it captured. My grandson opens presents at his 6th birthday party:

33094301-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pa,
Looks like he had a WONDERFUL birthday! I just love kids and parties....they can't seem to tear through the paper fast enough! Nice memory you captured there.

Pa said:
If anyone sees a way this could be improved in PS, please say so.

Since you ask...

48074719.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I cropped it a little tighter. The white balance seemed off to me, so I adjusted it in Photoshop's levels menu by clicking the gray eyedropper on stuff that should have been gray. Then I selectively brightened a few faces, and cloned out some distracting stuff in the background. Here's my revised version for comparison.

View attachment 14260

Great shot Pa

Love the intensity of all the kids watching! Good touchup too, Frank. I didn't notice how cool it looked until I saw your revised version.

Thanks, Frank. That is an improvement. Since I was away from home I had to edit on my laptop, so wasn't able to judge the colors as well. The additional cropping helps, too.

I generally use curves to set the white balance, using the black and highlight droppers to set the endpoints. I often have trouble with the grey dropper, however, as it is very difficult to find true grey in some images. Your choice is very good.

Latest threads

Top Bottom