Bisti Wilderness (SW trip pt. 1)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JeffKohn, Jul 11, 2007.

1. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I've finished the first gallery from our road trip through the desert southwest. These are from the Bisti Wilderness area, it's an amazing place. We were the only ones there, and hiking cross-country into such a bizarre landscape was like being on another planet.

As always, feedback/critiques are welcome. Click on any image for the PBase page with shooting details.

Cracked Eggs at Sunset
    original.

Stone Toadstool
    original.

Land Before Time
    original.

Primeval
    original.

Quartet (pano - click for larger version.)
    large.

The last image is a 5-shot pano, final resolution after cropping about 28mp.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  2. What a fascinating set of photos. The last one is the most intriguing!

3. Very nice Jeff, really cool place to shoot. I really like your BW pano, nice job on all

4. That sure is a huge trilobite in your first shot there Jeff!

I hope you really enjoyed "my dream trip"! Looks live it have to take it vicariously through your photographs.

First batch here are very good. Thanks for sharing.

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jeff :

Ah, me, now I want to drive right out to Farmington and shoot tonight...

Nice nice images, and as you discovered, it's a "target rich" environment for a photographer.

Good stuff, sir !

John P.

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Dan and Douglas - thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Nick - thanks, it was a great trip although tiring. I'm glad you and John talked me into cutting the mileage down some from what I had originally planned. 4000 was plenty. :smile:

John - thanks, I know how you feel. I was a bit unsure when I was there, if I was getting anything useful or not. But going through the images afterwords I realized what unique place it is. I definitely want to return when I can take a bit more time to explore. On this visit, we had about 3 hours and basically dashed to a few key points using GPS. I'm thinking a Fri-Sun trip flying in/out of Albuquerque might be in order for this fall...

7. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Very nice, Jeff. I like them all!

Looking forward to more.

8. Excellent and intriguing shots Jeff. I like them all.

God Bless,
    David

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jeff :

Heh. Well, stay in touch. If I'm around and not traveling for business, perhaps we can shoot together (and I'll perhaps even point out one or two other neat spots on the way there...).

John P.

10. wonderful work on these Jeff

11. Nice work here Jeff. It's quite a special place. Your images of the "eggs" are among some of the best I've seen.

12. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Murrey, David, and Dave W - thanks for feedback.

John - that sounds fun, if it happens I'll let you know

David C - thanks, that means a lot. Your home state has a lot to offer, more than I realized before this trip.

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Looks like you had a fun and rewarding trip. Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC

14. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thanks Robert!