Bisti Wilderness (SW trip pt. 1)

I've finished the first gallery from our road trip through the desert southwest. These are from the Bisti Wilderness area, it's an amazing place. We were the only ones there, and hiking cross-country into such a bizarre landscape was like being on another planet.

As always, feedback/critiques are welcome. Click on any image for the PBase page with shooting details.

Cracked Eggs at Sunset
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stone Toadstool
original.jpg

Land Before Time
original.jpg

Primeval
original.jpg

Quartet (pano - click for larger version.)
large.jpg

The last image is a 5-shot pano, final resolution after cropping about 28mp.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sure is a huge trilobite in your first shot there Jeff!

I hope you really enjoyed "my dream trip"! Looks live it have to take it vicariously through your photographs.

First batch here are very good. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff :

Ah, me, now I want to drive right out to Farmington and shoot tonight...

Nice nice images, and as you discovered, it's a "target rich" environment for a photographer.

Good stuff, sir !

John P.

Dan and Douglas - thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Nick - thanks, it was a great trip although tiring. I'm glad you and John talked me into cutting the mileage down some from what I had originally planned. 4000 was plenty. :smile:

John - thanks, I know how you feel. I was a bit unsure when I was there, if I was getting anything useful or not. But going through the images afterwords I realized what unique place it is. I definitely want to return when I can take a bit more time to explore. On this visit, we had about 3 hours and basically dashed to a few key points using GPS. I'm thinking a Fri-Sun trip flying in/out of Albuquerque might be in order for this fall...

John - thanks, I know how you feel. I was a bit unsure when I was there, if I was getting anything useful or not. But going through the images afterwords I realized what unique place it is. I definitely want to return when I can take a bit more time to explore. On this visit, we had about 3 hours and basically dashed to a few key points using GPS. I'm thinking a Fri-Sun trip flying in/out of Albuquerque might be in order for this fall...
Jeff :

Heh. Well, stay in touch. If I'm around and not traveling for business, perhaps we can shoot together (and I'll perhaps even point out one or two other neat spots on the way there...).

John P.

Murrey, David, and Dave W - thanks for feedback.

John - that sounds fun, if it happens I'll let you know

David C - thanks, that means a lot. Your home state has a lot to offer, more than I realized before this trip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom