Bit the bullet, order D200 from Berger Bros.

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by merlin50, Nov 27, 2005.

1. merlin50

merlin50

Nov 5, 2005
    Chicagoland
    I've been contemplating replacing my D70s (also from Berger Bros.) with the D200 as a backup to my D2X (yes, you guessed it, from Berger Bros.) and 2nd available body ever since the rumors started to appear.

The features of the D200 are much more similar to the D2X than the D70s and with the higher resolution it's kind of a "no-brainer" for me.

Got a great deal from what is in my opinion the absolute best place and person to deal with. I've dealt with all of the major retailers and never achived this level of support or satisfaction. There is something to be said for a family-owned business. Brad has made me a permanent believer.

The bottom line was pretty easy to swallow as well. $1699.99 plus they threw in a free ENEL3E battery and Dk21M eyepiece magnifier. I'm a happy camper!

There are very few camera retailers worth being loyal to as a customer. I've found mine!

I'm a huge believer in promoting the places where folks are treated as real people, with respect, candor and kindness instead of wallets or numbers.

Now the wait........!

Anyone one else jumping on the D200?

Dave

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Berger Bros were great to deal with when I got my D2x. I doubt that I'll be jumping on a D200 any time soon though. My D70 acts as backup and sees virtually no action. I'd rather put the money in good glass.

How's the guitar collection these days?

(vettelover from Nikonians :smile: )

3. merlin50

merlin50

Nov 5, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Hi John,

How we keep running across each other in Nikon forums! It used to be guitar forums. You may find this hard to believe but I am down to one guitar.... :Shocked: It's headed out the door too. Medical stuff finally got the best of me. I can't play for more than 30 seconds without both hands and forearms cramping up. Believe me it was tough to see those axes walk out the door but I'm lucky in that I still have photography as a passion.....and money pit!

You?

On the 2nd body front: Having just returned from Bosque I can honestly say that I missed many opportunities (forgot the D70s) by not have two ready to go. Same thing happened in AK before I got the D70s. No more.

Dave

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Hi Dave,

I'm down to two PRS guitars and an old (Japanese) Strat. I'll probably sell one of my remaining two amps soon. Sorry to hear of your medical problems. I have one of my own just now, having recently undergone surgery to repair three severed tendons in my left hand following an accident. Playing the guitar still hurts a bit, but shooting is OK. I just got back from a week in AZ and UT with some buddies from the Orlando Camera Club.

And you're right about the money pit :biggrin:

John

5. papa85

papa85 Guest

I'm #1 on Berger Bros

Hi Dave,
    I'm #1 on their list for the D200. You are SURE right with the Quality of service you get from BERGER BROS I've been around a long time in the retail business and they are certainly first rate. As you said Now for the Looooog wait.:mad:

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Do you have any ideal how long there list is? I just emailed them about getting on it too..
    I really want a D200 ASAP!!

7. I'm hoping to get one soon too. I'm on 2 lists but haven't a clue as to where I am on the lists.

No link for Berger bros?

I'm hoping to sell my D2H soon.

8. Wow........ you got in line real early!! :Shocked:

I think I'm #5 in line. :biggrin: ......... :biggrin:

When do they get the bodies? 12/15 ???

9. I broke down and pre-ordered one last week from Berger Bros. I had wanted to wait a couple months to avoid any early production problems but I just don't have the patience. When I placed my order last week they said they had about 100 people on the list.

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I also placed a preorder...I'm at 115 on the list.:frown:
    Guess that's better than 125th.:smile: