Bitterroot Flowers

Real Name
Bill
They only bloom for a short time each year but when they do it's a treat to see.

Somewhat rare White Bitterroot

White Bitterroot.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

15 picture stack of a Pink/Purple one
Bitter Root Flower_.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stunning.
When I was in grad school in Montana, I took a plant physiology course and we were challenged to grow Bitterroots from seeds—something very few succeed at. Being the weakest physiologist in the class, by a few miles, I adopted a random approach to treatments—roll a dice and change the growth chamber in the lab accordingly. 1=up 10 degrees, 2-scarify the seeds, 3=water and so on. I was the only one in the class to succeed, but I couldn't expalin a damn thing—but I got my coveted A.

Lovely flowers those and so well captured.

Those are beautiful, and I don't think I've ever seen one. My wife, the wildflowers expert, agrees, and she never forgets a flower.

Excellent job of focus stacking.

Real Name
Bill
Stunning.
When I was in grad school in Montana, I took a plant physiology course and we were challenged to grow Bitterroots from seeds—something very few succeed at. Being the weakest physiologist in the class, by a few miles, I adopted a random approach to treatments—roll a dice and change the growth chamber in the lab accordingly. 1=up 10 degrees, 2-scarify the seeds, 3=water and so on. I was the only one in the class to succeed, but I couldn't expalin a damn thing—but I got my coveted A.

Lovely flowers those and so well captured.
Thanks Nick. Seeing where they grow I'm surprised anything can grow there.
Just beautiful! Love the setting in the first one and the colors and sharp stacked focus in the second.
Thanks so much
Those are beautiful, and I don't think I've ever seen one. My wife, the wildflowers expert, agrees, and she never forgets a flower.

Excellent job of focus stacking.
Thanks. The botanist who was there talked at length about not only the flower but the history of their use by the native Americans.

Latest threads

Top Bottom