1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Biz card critique appreciated

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Dennis Carter, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    I think "Youth Sports Photography....." needs to be right justified with the info in the blue patch.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking! :smile:

2749625572_dbf176c28f.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I like the vibrant primary colors. The only suggestion I would make is to somehow find a way to get a sample photo on the card as well, to catch the viewer's eye

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I think it works Dennis. A photo would be nice but I don't think it's a must.
    The most important thing is a Logo that folks will recognize as soon as they
    see it and know it's you. I had 3 marketing folks tell me that when I redid
    my logo a few months ago.

I try and keep things as simple as possible. My cards are printed on both
    sides with additional info on the back. The front is very simple.

4. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    I thought about that; however, a picture of which sport? :redface: If I choose, say, soccer, then might someone looking for pictures of swimming overlook me? I don't know. I'm just an ol' man with a camera. :biggrin:

Thanks for your input!

Excellent advice! Thanks, Rod!!

5. i find it too busy
    imo business cards need to be short and sweet with a solid background and no graphics, mine have company name, website, my name and phone number in bold and easy to read fonts that stand out against the background

6. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    And this from a guy with face painting:biggrin:
    I have to agree with Randy despite his avatar

7. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I'm on Mark's side here, anyone using their face as a billboard doesn't need a fancy business card :biggrin:

Short and sweet and to the point. They'll remember you better..

8. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

I like it as is...with the change you mentioned on right justifying the one spot.

9. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Thanks for your input, folks!

10. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I wouldnt have the sports photography tag, sort of limits you for say an event, or wedding opportunity

11. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Leave it to me to be different.....:smile:. This year, instead of cards with little info on them, I pass out half-page flyers at the games that have all of the info on them. It allows me to work the sidelines much more efficiently. :wink: I swap the photo depending upon the sport. They cost slightly more than cards, but to me it's worth it.

Please excuse the poor P&S version. (no scanner)

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.