Bjørn... you planning on reviewing the D200?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilk, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    The only reason I'm asking is, you are the one and only reviewer that will give it a run for its money with respect to invisible visible light. That is what I'm most interested in finding out about this soon to be latest gun in Nikon's arsinal.

Not trying to heap work on your shoulders :eek: Just that you were one of the first, and AFIAK one of the very best reveiwers of the D2x, and I pulled the trigger on it based largely on what you had to say coupled with the awesome specs... to say the least... not one single regret!

Thanks,

Steve

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I probably will review the D200 when a sample becomes available in Norway. If so I shall, as usual, do a test on its UV and IR potential.

However, Nikon has made great changes to the structure of its Nordic branch, putting up subsidiaries in each Nordic country and moved the headquarters to Sweden, so my Nikon contacts are no longer what they used to be. That might slow down matters a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2005
  3. that's good to hear...have you even heard a peep about it though?
    Considering the november 1st invitation we may see something, but we're all so clueless...

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I do have some details, but see no point in adding to the general Internet stir. These days, one wonders whether photography is about making photos or bickering about features of cameras not yet released :biggrin:

We all see in due time.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Amen. :wink:

6. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    You beat me to it Flew! Most of us know where the soap opera ad nausium can be found and are sick to death of it! Clearly, this forum exists and thrives because of that very mess - I'll give an amen to that :tongue:

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I wouldn't want to replace my wife every year, nor my camera. However, some software upgrades don't hurt.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve,

I have no problem with dreaming, and wishing, and anticipating. It's the obsessing and bickering about features and performance on a camera that nobody has even seen that bothers me. I followed the D70 release with bated breath. It was my second camera (after getting a Sony 828 a couple of months earlier), and first SLR, so I know about anticipation. :rolleyes:

9. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Very good point, now where did i put my xmas list to santa?! :smile:

10. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    I can't begin to count the lost hours drooling over the D2x! I read and read and read, but refused to get into the fray. AFAIK, many if not most of those folks look at gear as a trophy, rather than what it's SUPPOSED to be, an instrument, the final outcome of which hopefully is art! Bugs me to no end all the folks out there that have all this gear and could care less about art... but at least it'll keep Nikon in business :tongue:

11. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I am right with everyone else on here. I cannot understand why everyone is so camera obsessed. It seems that people have forgotten how to take photographs. Don't get me wrong, I understand that digital technology is still a thing in motion - however, the idea that cameras that are not updated regularly cannot take good pictures is insane.

Photography is an art. A camera is replacable.

-JM