Bjorn- How to test the 300/2.0?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by innerimager, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Bjorn, and others. Since I may only have possession of the 300/2.0 for 2 weeks, I want to be as useful as I can in testing it on the D2X and other DSLR's now that I know you haven't tested it on digital cameras. I'll have the TC1.4C that comes with it and a TC301 as well. I will be shooting birds and people. Can you give me any suggestions of tests that you would find useful in evaluating the lens? My main concern is my lack of a sturdy tripod/head as I have light weight gear that has always met my needs. I'll try and find a friend who can lend me something.

If I do end up keeping the lens, perhaps you'd like to test it yourself someday! best.....Peter

2. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Bogen Manfrotto Gimbal head (manfroito 393), supports my 400/2.8 no problem,
    screws right to your tripod, ultimate support, no ball head required-

I have one, if you want to borrow it from me in manhattan, come and get it, but bring the 300 for me to see please.

Let's be men and use a monopod, what do you say? I have a monopod you can use as well.

Would you like to try and cover a HS or college basketball game with it?
    Hofstra women? drop me a line and I will crednetial you to shoot it for me.
    Indoor volleyball instead perhaps?

If I have time we can do something boring like targets with the 300/f2 vs the 400/2.8, but I Think it would be more interesting to try it in the field,
    my "field" right now is indoor sports.

3. Twig- Sounds great, I'd love to shoot with you. e-mail me at [email protected] please and we'll work out the schedule. thanks....Peter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.